Thread: New Material - Pearlescence by Heat Gun

Wiets Banned User

Default New Material - Pearlescence by Heat Gun

The material is similar to Sparkle Shred except that it re-acts to a heatgun and the material then become pearlescent.

Here is what the man says himself;

N.E.W. Fly Tying Material is a specially blended, specially cut multi-layered film. It comes in an 8" length that can be used easily for flies from size 10 up to 6/0 and larger.

While it makes great flies without the special Patent Pending heat process, it turns fantastically iridescent when heat is applied. As a commercial fly tier going back to my days of guiding on the world famous White and Norfork Rivers in Arkansas in the 80's, I have never seen any material that is so easy to work with. I have also never seen any material that produces such dazzling finished flies.

Some studies have shown that unlike the light spectrums we see that disappear within so many yards and causes the object to appear black, U.V.A. reflected light sometimes travels up to ½ mile under water.

While I have over 50 free fly tying videos showing how to use N.E.W. with the special heat process, the special blending makes flies and jigs that show up fantastically well to fish in murky waters we all fish. If you are hesitant to try N.E.W. Fly Tying Material with the heat process, tie up some up in the Holographic and Bright Colors. Those materials that I blended in with the U.V.A. Pearlescent are the materials that the big boy producers use.

EXCEPT I had all of my N.E.W. made with a thicker, more durable film! Why? I design flies that have to stand up to my tough standards. ANY fly tying material I produce, is made for POLARIS FLIES exclusive fly patterns! Custom flies are my main product line, not tying materials. NEW fly tying material is simply a by-product of that method. FISHING, JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!

Here is the Nuclee-r Website and here are 135 videos to look at on using some of this material. Here is my stash.

Last edited by Wiets; 28-06-07 at 02:39 PM.

Wow! Rocket science! It looks good!

sounds like some super stuff

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.