Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: #0 to 3 weight rod

Default #0 to 3 weight rod

Good afternoon All

I am looking for a 0 to 3 weight rod for fishing the cape streams. Currently I am not able to purchase one new from the shops.
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

I suggest at least a #2 or #3, as the #0 will limit you a lot when there is even a little breeze.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Ah, I am not a great caster, but I have never found my 0wt Sage TXL undergunned in the right conditions. If the wind is blowing hard enough for me not to be able to put a dry where I want it, I probably shouldnt be fishing. But, if you want to throw two weighted nymphs, yeah, thats a little tough on a 0wt. - Also the Horizon 1wt, which is cool.
    Last edited by JadeDsantos; 05-04-17 at 07:52 AM.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Thank you Gents for the great info, without the guidance of seasoned fly fishermen I would be lost.
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Ah, I am not a great caster, but I have never found my 0wt Sage TXL undergunned in the right conditions. If the wind is blowing hard enough for me not to be able to put a dry where I want it, I probably shouldnt be fishing. But, if you want to throw two weighted nymphs, yeah, thats a little tough on a 0wt. - Also the Horizon 1wt, which is cool.
    taking advantage of this, so you willing to let go of the spl?

Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    taking advantage of this, so you willing to let go of the spl?
    Ha ha no, never. Thats the rod I use to throw two weighted nymphs! That spl is probably my most treasured rod - I appreciate that is was handed over to me from a good flyfishing friend, and that adds significant value to me. I have a Tom Morgan 5wt fibre blank that comes a close second, despite the fact she isnt built yet. Sure you have rods you feel like about that too?
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

aaaai, i kind of guessed your answer, you right, the rod is sweet.
    further above you also mentioned the horizon, the lls, also have one. i can only discribe it like a pit bull, placid to almost dead until you drop your nymphs a good distance away, it's like it is there but not there yet it is there, weird. then you set the hook on a one pounder, you ease the fight to start with mybe because it is a 1wt, then you notice, i call pull harder, and harder so hard you think you have a three weight rod that casts a one weight line. next you baffled, when you swoped the reel for the 2 weight line, you cast, then you think to yourself, pit bull hmmmm.

I've got a Stealth Xtreme 3wt I'm getting rid of. Lovely little rod! Comes with an Airflo ridge line but no reel.

PM me if you're interested.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    I've got a Stealth Xtreme 3wt I'm getting rid of. Lovely little rod! Comes with an Airflo ridge line but no reel.

PM me if you're interested.
    REALLY GOOD BUY, HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR IT?
    Have a young fly fisher that would be interested.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Korrie, I was thinking of R1000 for the rod and line. Looks like Jason has first dibs
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast