Thread: Chest Pack

Default Chest Pack

Hi guys

Long time no contact but here goes.
    I am seriously thinking of getting a chest pack. Anyone have a decent one that is gathering dust and could part with it ? Also what is your feeling on using a chest pack? I have a Technical pack that i bought new, used twice about 6 years ago and will consider doing a swap? let me know.
    Et1

To fish is human,
    to throw back is divine

A chest pack is better than a vest, but I have grown to prefer a hip pack to both.
    My only issue with chest packs is that there is a strap around your neck. Over the course of a day (especially if nymphing) this gives me a neck/backache.
    They are super-convenient though, with everything immediately available.
    Check out the William Joseph ones, they have magnetic "zips" which make one-handed operation super easy.

Thanks for the input. I have a vest as well and find that with all the pockets etc, one tends to carry extra stuff that really isn't necessary. Then i also have a hip bag but my stomach gets in the way:biggrin:
    Et1

To fish is human,
    to throw back is divine

for the last 7/8 years i have used the fishpond chest pack on the vaal, mainly czech nymphing. it was more than adequate for the task, a single spool of line, snippers, forceps/scissors, thermometer, split shot and fist full of flies. strapped around me neck and torso is my way because the neck strap is where i hang my landing net with magnets. the torso strap is used connect both lanyards from the wading stick and landing net, sometimes the wading stick interrupts with my fishing so i hook it under the torso strap like a pirate with his swork in his belt. the chest pack is an handy work station when fixing or replacing a new rig, just remember to lock up before fishing, you could drop loose items into the river when bending over. vests are cool items but in the summer it just a tad too hot and way too many pockets, you get annoyed by time wasted looking for something you can't feel for. as Circus mentioned, the W. joseph are very cool and might even consider buying one for this season.