Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Waders

...also it's not the brand of wader you wear, it's the undergarments that makes all the diffs! Hierdie naweek dra ek 'n wader pappa! :wink:

from my rock and surf fishing days I have fished in all weather conditions. I found the wader to be very heavy specially when covering long distance walks. for now i will be sitting in a float tube so it should be fine. thermals thermals thermals has been the best investment for keeping the cold out with a wader but can get unbearably hot very quickly to. if anyone ever has a XL breathable wader to part with at a low price please remember me. I can already see how difficult it will be to convince .Gov to part with that amount of money for waders.
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

thanks Korrie

that was a great read. with my trip closing in I may just have to go with my neoprene farmer john pants and booties for now and save a bit for a decent breathable wader.
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

If I can give advice, save the money on the neoprene, see if you cannot borrow someone's waders for the trip.
    Otherwise you will have a pair of neoprene's, that is quite hot, when it is only cool to mildly cold, and you will wish you had a pair of breathables.
    What size are you?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    If I can give advice, save the money on the neoprene, see if you cannot borrow someone's waders for the trip.
    Otherwise you will have a pair of neoprene's, that is quite hot, when it is only cool to mildly cold, and you will wish you had a pair of breathables.
    What size are you?
    I think that is what I will be doing after looking at the options. Im 34 in the waste with a size 10 shoe. spoke to Phillip and he rekons a large should work as you dont want it to be baggy. im probably 1.7 / 1.75 in height. if push comes to shove I would just have to use my wetsuite and booties and get wet.

I have a spare pair, that you can try, but it is XL
    Korrie Broos

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    I have a spare pair, that you can try, but it is XL
    Hi Korrie

Thank for the offer. I have managed to track down a pair 2nd hand at a decent price so for I am sorted thanks.

Jason

so ive looked around for how to clean waders. found a thread on the forum but it doesnt say much. ive recently got a 2nd hand pair and would like to give them a clean before actually wearing them. they have a bit of a mouldy smell. would some cold water and a dash of sunlight liq work? breathable waders by xplorer. ive read of various powders and special products but cannot seem to find any of it listed in our FF online stores. What is everyone elses best practice in cleaning breathable waders?

Luke warm water, and a little washing powder, err on side of caution.
    Wash inside out and outside in.
    Hang inside out, first to dry the inner side first.
    When inner side is dry, turn inside out and dry.

Should do the trick.
    Korrie Broos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast