Thread: Marble Hall, Groblersdal, Loskop Dam, Olifants river

Default Marble Hall, Groblersdal, Loskop Dam, Olifants river

Hi All
    What fishing is available in the general area?
    Marble Hall, Groblersdal, Loskop Dam, Olifants river

Will be there next weekend.
    Is it worth taking a rod?
    Any info will be appreciated.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I dont have specific info but have seen a number of posts on great largescale and smallscale fishing in the Olifants in the Groblersdal area. Think you need a boat and watch out for crocs though.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

only been to loskop dam, forever resort, and the last couple of times has been bassing with bassing equipment. prior to this i fished the fly rod, from boat and bank. kurper, bass and makriel were the primary species caught with a few guppies to brag about. i thoroughly enjoyed catching makriel, mainly from the bank, sunset to late hours of the night from the boat launch area to as far western end of the resort. small poppers and wolly buggers were the main flies used. the hard fighting blue kurpers was also awesome to land on a fly rod.

I did not get time to fish, but ended up driving a lot thru the farms in the area and thru a couple of "Driwwe" and low water bridges and along the river on the farms.
    I saw some amazing fishing water, probably the cold water, but saw very few fish, but the ones I did see was amazing.
    The water is crystal clear, with viz about 2 meters plus in the deep sections.
    The water goes thru a couple of dams, Witbank dam, Bronkshorstspruit dam etc before it gets to Loskop dam.
    next trip there will be fishing time.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension