Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wading boots

Quote Originally Posted by Jason vL View Post
    Thank you Korrie

youve helped me make a decision.

will go with this one. https://www.waveinn.com/nautical-fis...66/p?review=ok
    https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.z...tec-sole-saver

I apply this to the felt soles as well when it is worn on the back of the heel and the tip toe part.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thank you Korrie

youve helped me make a decision.

will go with this one. https://www.waveinn.com/nautical-fis...66/p?review=ok
    Would be keen to hear about the service and shipping of the Wavein site Jason. Please give us some feedback if you order, and when your parcel arrives ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Would be keen to hear about the service and shipping of the Wavein site Jason. Please give us some feedback if you order, and when your parcel arrives ...
    Retail as we know it has changed forever and will keep on evolving.
    Bad service will be "punished" like never before.
    With the new technology, whether you sit in Aliwal north, Pofadder or in the middle of Gauteng, you should get the same service.
    Without leaving your chair, you can now compare products, read evaluations of comparitive tests and how good the service is of the company that supplies it. OH and compare the price as well. And you can buy it all within a couple of minutes and have delivered 24 to 48 hours later.
    The brick and mortar shop will have to provide "extras" to entice you to go there.
    The extras can be so many things, from personel, the experience, a cup of coffee, the visual aspect. ETC ETC.
    A huge amount writing about this. Can forward some really good links if anyone is interested.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Ive actually decided not to go with it due to registration and payment issues and rather going through Ganis website for boots there.
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Retail as we know it has changed forever and will keep on evolving.
    Bad service will be "punished" like never before.
    With the new technology, whether you sit in Aliwal north, Pofadder or in the middle of Gauteng, you should get the same service.
    Without leaving your chair, you can now compare products, read evaluations of comparitive tests and how good the service is of the company that supplies it. OH and compare the price as well. And you can buy it all within a couple of minutes and have delivered 24 to 48 hours later.
    The brick and mortar shop will have to provide "extras" to entice you to go there.
    The extras can be so many things, from personel, the experience, a cup of coffee, the visual aspect. ETC ETC.
    A huge amount writing about this. Can forward some really good links if anyone is interested.
    Even bad sites still get lots of business due to very low prices (as the Wavein site, Alibaba etc) ... If you refer to Jason's comment below, it already sends out some red lights re the site ...
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Even bad sites still get lots of business due to very low prices (as the Wavein site, Alibaba etc) ... If you refer to Jason's comment below, it already sends out some red lights re the site ...
    Talking about bad sites and so on have any of you used the "Wish" website to purchase fly gear? I've recently purchased a fly vest, reel and some outdoor pants from them and awaiting shipping. the items there are dirt cheap and look of decent enough quality. now just to wait for them to arrive from over the seas.
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Talking about bad sites and so on have any of you used the "Wish" website to purchase fly gear? I've recently purchased a fly vest, reel and some outdoor pants from them and awaiting shipping. the items there are dirt cheap and look of decent enough quality. now just to wait for them to arrive from over the seas.
    Shipping is slow - also depends on the store you buy from. Check the store rating and reviews from people. But don't expect shipping to take less than 4 weeks.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Yes I am aware of the lengthy waiting period for stuff off wish. I must say that I'm not into online shopping as I enjoy the tactile aspect of shopping.
    Last edited by Jason vL; 03-08-17 at 11:09 AM.

Morning All

in need of some advice please? how important is it for wading boots to be a size bigger than your shoe size? reason for the Q is that I want to purchase them online and wont have a chance to fit them.

Jason
    Last edited by Jason vL; 29-08-17 at 10:58 AM.

It's important of you intend wearing them with waders. I recently bought a new pair which I oversized. For summer wading I just wear them with a pair of 3mm neoprene socks.

It's easier to get shoes to fit that are too big, not the other way around!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast