Thread: Sinking line recommendations?

Default Sinking line recommendations?

Ive been using a Rio Mainstream wf4s for a week and although mid priced,it does perform mid priced.It tangles easily(i find my top of range lines dont tangle as much),has considerable memory and is rather stiff.
    Can someone recommend a really good sinker?top of the range or other?

thanks in advance

Hi Ryan,

In my opinion, the Airflo 6th Sense sinking range of lines can't be beaten, it comes in a slow and fast intermediate, Di3, Di5, Di7. I have had one of these since 2007, and it is still in good condition.

Agree with Philip.
    Airflo is the industry standard for subsurface lines. Had a line that I fished a lot and it lasted 15 years.

try polishing your existing line, it sometimes helps with the tangles to "slide" loose a bit easier.
    normal "Line speed" or the standard MR MIN, furniture polish works very well.
    apply some to a soft cloth and pull the line 3 or 4 times thru it.
    The first 2 or 3 casts you might think it does not "want to sink" there after it is back to normal sinking
    Last edited by Korrie; 13-09-17 at 04:02 PM.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hey philip do you sell them?

Hi Ryan,

Yes, will reply to your mail.

The Airflo di7's I've had are useless re durability. 3 or 4 sessions and they crack and the white core starts showing.

I'd look at the Cortland Compact Sink 9 if I was you if you want something that sinks fast, handles better and lasts the distance.

Another in support of Airflo Sixth sense lines - really well worth it and have stood the test of time
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline