Thread: Tanzania Tiger fish Selection

Default Tanzania Tiger fish Selection

Joh.. beautiful work as always Philip...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Great ties mate.

Just curious why you'd go to all the trouble with deerhair spinning and feed them to Tigers where they'd be shredded in no time at all?

Not knocking, but asking a genuine question.
    We have had great success with synthetic materials that last longer per fish than possibly natural material.

I notice the bottom ones have a bit more of synthetics and they also look great.

Thank You Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin James View Post
    Great ties mate.

Just curious why you'd go to all the trouble with deerhair spinning and feed them to Tigers where they'd be shredded in no time at all?

Not knocking, but asking a genuine question.
    We have had great success with synthetic materials that last longer per fish than possibly natural material.

I notice the bottom ones have a bit more of synthetics and they also look great.
    Hi Kevin, I just tied as per the operators fly list and recommendation. Those deerhair flies are Andino Deceivers, from what I can gather a Golden Dorado pattern and yes, they will get mutilated by a Tiger, hopefully by more than one fish. Keith from Tourette also mentioned that the natural materials in the tails up their catch rate, adding more movement. I think the rivers in Tanzania are also relatively clear.