Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi All

Just a quick intro, started traditional fishing around 5yrs old (lived just outside St lucia), started flyfishing around 1989 due to us living on a farm bordering the Komati my first fish on fly was a tiger and this progressed onto sea flyfishing , We had a plot up at Morrungulo in Moz so used to flog the waters there quite a bit. Only caught my first trout around 1992, for the past 10yrs odd have not done much flyfishing mainly due to me focusing on offshore fishing with traditional tackle, With crew on board and everyone wanting to fish I started leaving the flyrod at home. Anyhow beginning of the year did a vaal yellow trip with a mate and last weekend went out to Dullstroom and its official i'm hooked again (Caught 6 nice trout my first in about 10yrs) :smile:. Looking forward to going through the various articles on this forum and picking everyone's brains as quite a bit has changed since I last picked up a fly rod.

Welcome.
    When did you live in St Lucia?
    had a friends who lived in Matubatuba that use to be big ski boat fishermen. (Coopers, maybe you know them?)
    Last edited by Korrie; 31-08-17 at 12:59 PM.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Welcome LHooker,

Strange, recently quite a few fly fishers I haven't seen in years also started fishing again, great!

Hi guys sorry did not see the replies, is one supposed to get an email notification if anyone replies to your posts? Anyhow hi Korrie I did not live in St Lucia I lived in Monzi which is just outside St Lucia, I did not know the Coopers.

I hope I'm not too late. Welcome to the forum, LHooker!