Thread: How do you dry your wading boots?

Default How do you dry your wading boots?

Morning all

how are you drying your wading boots. I unfortunately don't have the luxury of being able to leave my boots outside. I have a doggo with a penchant for chewing everything but her food. So i have resorted to using big sachets of silica that came in packaging of some work items I bought. It works wonders and dries my boots alot quicker that expected. so now my boots can get dry overninght in the dark of all places.
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Depending on the time I come home, I will hang on the washing line or put on steps of the ladder in the garage
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Stuff wet boots full of newspaper, leave overnight, it wicks water out of the boots, remove newspaper, hang on washing line for about a day, or I "plant" the boots in the burglar bars in my study where they get sun and a breeze.
    Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Scullery

Ive used the newspaper method and air dry method but have noticed the silica cuts the dry time significantly.
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Any where there is a good draft of air will be good to hang/place the boots
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension