Thread: Specimen inflatables

Default Specimen inflatables

Anyone use or know anything about these boats? They are glued, and I was told hence the cheap price.
    Local made it seems?
    Is it value for money?

Had a look at one........I will pass a mile away thanks!

I've had a glued boat for about 10 years, which I bought second hand. It was made under the Heron name, but looks pretty similar to their boats. It looks like they are about half the price of an equivalent fused boat such as an Arc, which to me represents good value for money.
    I take mine in to a local inflatable manufacturer every couple years, and get them to re-glue any loose edges and patch any holes. Last time they replaced the entire transom for me (old one was rotten). I reckon its good for another 5 years, and I have spent about R5k on it in total since I bought it (including purchase and repairs).

I have nothing against a glued boat
    The issue is if it looks like unskilled labour that built it with all the accessories stuck to the pontoons having creases standing up on them. Bottom under boat I could see open gaps btw the pontoons and bottom skin.

It reminded me of when Dacia bakkies could be bought off the showroom floow with a propper oil leak.

You get what you pay for. It will be an Ark Otter for me.