View Poll Results: Explorer Tippet ?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disagree, I’m satisfied with the product.

2 4.88%
  • I think Explorer could go a long way towards improving their tippet material

21 51.22%
  • I’ve never tried Explorer Tippet Material

7 17.07%
  • Who cares stop fussing and give me some Rio Powerflex

11 26.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Explorer Tippet Material

Smile

an Email has been sent

Default Response

To: Brendon van Biljon
    Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 2:38 PM
    Subject: Re: Explorer Tippet Material

HI Brendon,

Thanks for the foward of the poll results and comments. We are always interested to hear comments positive and negative on our products.

We have changed suppliers of Tippet material with our last batch. So if there is a picture of a brown trout in a net on the spool then that's the new stuff and preliminary tests can back fine. I would be interested to know which batch was tested. In the last 6 years that the tippet has been available we had the odd spool that was returned, but we never heard of a major problems. The reason for the change was to streamline suppliers, not a quality issue.

One must also compare apples with apples. The tippet will break with in 5% of the noted breaking strains, so we know the strength are fine. The knot strengths are fine and it won't pigtail. At this price point we believe that the current tippet material will be as good if not better then other brands for 50m under R20 retail.

We were looking at introducing a "super strong" tippet under the Xplorer brand, but we have a premium tippet in the RIO Powerflex which is rated as one of the best tippet materials available and we didn't want to compete.

We wouldn't compromise the brand to sell a product cheap, so you're comments on the new tippet(or any product) are much appreciated. We have been going improving all of our products over the past couple years to ensure they are the best quality and value in their range.

Thanks again for the forward,

Best Regards
    John Geils
    Jandi Trading
    8 Maze Road, Glenwood
    Durban, South Africa
    Tel: +2731-202-1260
    www.janditrading.com

Quote Originally Posted by HuckFin View Post
    To: Brendon van Biljon
    Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 2:38 PM
    Subject: Re: Explorer Tippet Material

HI Brendon,

Thanks for the foward of the poll results and comments. We are always interested to hear comments positive and negative on our products.

We have changed suppliers of Tippet material with our last batch. So if there is a picture of a brown trout in a net on the spool then that's the new stuff and preliminary tests can back fine. I would be interested to know which batch was tested. In the last 6 years that the tippet has been available we had the odd spool that was returned, but we never heard of a major problems. The reason for the change was to streamline suppliers, not a quality issue.

One must also compare apples with apples. The tippet will break with in 5% of the noted breaking strains, so we know the strength are fine. The knot strengths are fine and it won't pigtail. At this price point we believe that the current tippet material will be as good if not better then other brands for 50m under R20 retail.

We were looking at introducing a "super strong" tippet under the Xplorer brand, but we have a premium tippet in the RIO Powerflex which is rated as one of the best tippet materials available and we didn't want to compete.

We wouldn't compromise the brand to sell a product cheap, so you're comments on the new tippet(or any product) are much appreciated. We have been going improving all of our products over the past couple years to ensure they are the best quality and value in their range.

Thanks again for the forward,

Best Regards
    John Geils
    Jandi Trading
    8 Maze Road, Glenwood
    Durban, South Africa
    Tel: +2731-202-1260
    www.janditrading.com
    Good response to some comments that could have been taken in the wrong light. Good show Xplorer!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by HuckFin View Post
    We have changed suppliers of Tippet material with our last batch. So if there is a picture of a brown trout in a net on the spool then that's the new stuff
    Anyone seen the new stuff on the market ?
    "BeLiEf iS a BeAuTiFuLL aRmOuR bUt mAkEs FoR tHe HeAvIeSt SwOrD" - John Mayer

I've seen it, but not used it. Contemplated it though!
    Will finish my current stuff 1st
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8