Thread: Flyfishing Aruba

Default Flyfishing Aruba

Three years ago I moved to Aruba, but because I could not find much information about fly-fishing on the island it took a few months before I started fishing again.
    Walking the beach at sunset one night with my wife chanced everything.
    Always watching movements in the water made me discover tailing bone’s.
    It did not take long before I hooked on fly-fishing again!
    The nice thing for people who like too fly fish in Aruba is that you can almost fish anywhere on the side of the island where all the hotels are.
    There are many different species to fish for, but my favorite will always be the bonefish!
    Searching for bone’s, I also bring a steel leader just incase and last week it paid of.
    Last week when I did not find a bonefish and was just about to give up I saw movement in the water.
    When I took a better look my hart stopped and before I started breathing again I put on a steal leader and after a few try’s it happened, I hooked my first shark!
    And fishing with a 12 pound test leader it took a while before I landed him.
    I knew I had a camera in the car and was not too far away.
    It was only a small bull shark but it did not take long before half the island knew about it!
    So if you come to Aruba bring your best rod and not just flies for bonefish.
    Remember there are no shops that sell fly fishing gear!
    And for more information check out http://www.flyfishingaruba.com
    Greetings Laurenz

geez Laurenz
    You got yourself a piece of paradise there boet.
    Nice fish
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Wow, what a place! You are indeed a very lucky guy Laurenz. Thanks for sharing with us. I am sure there will be much interest generated by members on this site.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Had a look at the photos in the link and your island has the most amazing crystal clear water ever!!! Nice fish too! you are a lucky man to be living in paradise Welcome to the site Laurenz

Thanks Laurenz. You live in paradise. Lucky fish. My view at the moment is one lonely potplant in the office. Enjoy. Kreef