Thread: LED's arrived

Wiets Banned User

Default LED's arrived

I received my red LED's - all 100 of them. When I have time, I will start tying some LED flies.

As the old dude in 'One Foot In The Grave' says, 'I DON'T believe it!'

Well done!

Default led fly

well if they don't shine, they should make make good eyes like dumbbell with less weight / Wiets have you the specks voltage etc? my sentiment is that we can make it work, if only because everyone thinks we are mad.It's worth a bash,what the hell we can put feathers some where so it looks like a fly.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TERENCE View Post
    well if they don't shine, they should make make good eyes like dumbbell with less weight / Wiets have you the specks voltage etc? my sentiment is that we can make it work, if only because everyone thinks we are mad.It's worth a bash,what the hell we can put feathers some where so it looks like a fly.

Hi Terence
    As per my previous PM to you, send me a PM with your name and postal address and I will send you some of these LED's. I will not get to this in the immediate future - perhaps you can take this to the next level. I have no clue what voltage the LED's are - I connected the battery in the picture and at first thought the LED's were all fused (yeah ... right ) I finally saw a very dim glow - it clearly needs a higher voltage - something like 6 to 12 volt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Hi Terence
    As per my previous PM to you, send me a PM with your name and postal address and I will send you some of these LED's. I will not get to this in the immediate future - perhaps you can take this to the next level. I have no clue what voltage the LED's are - I connected the battery in the picture and at first thought the LED's were all fused (yeah ... right ) I finally saw a very dim glow - it clearly needs a higher voltage - something like 6 to 12 volt.
    I assume that you will then not be adding any lead to make them sink as well
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    I assume that you will then not be adding any lead to make them sink as well
    I doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Hi Terence
    just spoke to him on the phone to wake him up to pm you. if anyone can "maak n plan" he can.....when he gets to it
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Not to be negative and all, but I don't think this LED fly will work that well. Won't the fly short out the moment you submerge it? If saltwater fly, that watch battery will rust big time! I think it will even leak out the fluids from inside, I think it will react with the salt. But I suppose there is nothing that silicone won't fix!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing!
    ~ George Bernard Shaw ~

I just opened one of those lighters that have a Bright LED in them that have three small batteries stacked on each other if on was to make a popper you could use the poppers body to make the case that will hold the LED's and the batteries and could then seal it to make it water proof. The only thing is a switch but I'm sure if you put you brains to it that could be solved as well
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

Hey I dont know what exactly it is you plan on doing but it may be a good idea to have a look at some Active Lures at your nearest (decent) tackle shop. I have two or three active lures from my conventional bass fishing days.
    This is basically a Rapala type crankbait. You slap a battery into its belly and lob it into the water. The minute it hits the water it starts flashing a bright red at 2-3 second intervals. They are moulded in hard plastic and if my memory serves me correctly, there are little groove openings that allow the water to pass through the bait and activate the battery. I'll have a look at it later......

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.