Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jungle Cock

Wiets Banned User

Default Jungle Cock

Has anybody ever considered to obtain, breed and raise a couple of Jungle Cock's (Indian Grey Jungle Fowl) instead of forever paying TOP DOLLAR for the stuff?

You said my name ,They dont call me that for nothing sory Wiets I just could not help my self
    Last edited by Deneys; 26-07-07 at 04:12 PM.
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

Quote Originally Posted by Deneys View Post
    You said my name ,They dont call me that for nothing
    What, Indian Grey Jungle Fowl??

Lots of guys I know had bred - or more to the point, tried to breed the Sonnerati (their other name) but unless you're going for it big time and don't have cats etc around, bit of a hassle. The prices have come down in recent years now they are off the banned list and for the amount of time I use them I still have enough old supplies to keep me going!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Has anybody ever considered to obtain, breed and raise a couple of Jungle Cock's (Indian Grey Jungle Fowl) instead of forever paying TOP DOLLAR for the stuff?
    I don't think you will get hold of them that easily Wiets, especially with the strict CITES laws. Unless you can find a local breeder who has a few, you wont stand much chance I'm afraid
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 26-07-07 at 06:52 PM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Jus tas I though and I was right C.W just had to cherp
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I don't think you will get hold of them that easily Wiets, especially with the strict SITES laws. Unless you can find a local breeder who has a few, you wont stand much chance I'm afraid
    Hi Chris
    That's why it's useful to have a boat full of secret compartments!
    Just joking.

But seriously though, SITES is just a set of rules which one have to comply with - very much like importing animal products into this country. Once the required permits are obtained, .....

Hi Chris
    That's why it's useful to have a boat full of secret compartments!
    Just joking.

But seriously though, SITES is just a set of rules which one have to comply with - very much like importing animal products into this country. Once the required permits are obtained, .....
    Exactly you would need a permit. For tying tradfitional salmon patterns the like, you can only use the real thing to be authentic. The other option tho is to either buy imitation stuff on a mylar backing (which I've never used but guess would work OK). Years ago some guys brough out plastic imitations - they were revolting and made the fly spin round like a Devon Minnow spinner. Perhaps the best option is to use hackle tips of e.o. our guinea fowl, cut or burnt to shape and add orange dot of paint on one of the white dots. Or you can simply paint a white dot also an orange dot on any common bird (colour to suit the fly) hackletip. You can smear a bit of Flexament onto this for better shape/durability. Not as pretty as the real thing but probably just as effective and almost for free!

(Sorry Deneys you set yourself up for the chirp either from myself or from others not quite so loving!!!

Blog Entries

slightly off the topic, still animals different species RABBITS,Wiets the rabbits where slaughtered today and skins are being dried, now we still have not found a local tanner my butcher is asking the guy he hunts with if he will tan them he normaly only tan sprigbok,and other 4 legged animals, my butcher said we will have a definate answer sometime next week if it is all do-able cost wise ect
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    slightly off the topic, still animals different species RABBITS,Wiets the rabbits where slaughtered today and skins are being dried, now we still have not found a local tanner my butcher is asking the guy he hunts with if he will tan them he normaly only tan sprigbok,and other 4 legged animals, my butcher said we will have a definate answer sometime next week if it is all do-able cost wise ect
    Hi Nicolas

OK - let see what he can do.

Hi Nicolas

OK - let see what he can do.
    Wiets, if you get hold of some live Jungle Cock, speak to me China. I know the perfect person to take care of the breeding and cultivation thereof for you.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.