Thread: Carp

Default Carp

Howsit all,ive been strugling my ass of to get good carp sessions,mostly one or 2 small fish on a carp frits or bloodworm,any of u caught carp recently and where?

can't say i am really desperate to go for carp, but speak to shaun at Flywaters . He is an expert and probably the best around. I have never got a carp on fly, mainly because I tend to go more for places where carp are not to be found, but if you are prepared to fish in some , less than natural places(no offence ) than you will find plenty. There used to be really good carp fishing at coastal park, but i believe it has been netted, and now they are gone. Princess vlei, and Marina da gama art still the places where carp can be found in numbers.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I have never caught a carp on fly but I would like too so I just wanted to know wether I need a sinking line or can I have the same sucsess on a floating line? And what are the best performing flies for carp?

Default You want to catch Carp?????

Everything you need to know is here....
    http://www.flytalk.co.za/readArticle.php?p_id=6

A word of caution. Most good Carping places in the Southern Suburbs can be unsafe at times.
    DON"T GO ALONE.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 29-10-07 at 09:42 AM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.