Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Fly Tyers

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    I would sure appreciate a link if there is one!

Wiets, I've tried to find the post, to no avail !

It went into detail on what qualities one should look for when choosing bucktail. Best bet would be to post a "For attention of Gogga/MCC other Saltwater fly tiers" type thread and ask them. I'm convinced it was one of them.

Sorry.

Wiets Banned User

Thanks Shaun.

generally the saltwater flies go through a bit of a pounding, especially if you hooking decent size shad, they are going to shred your flies, ok it does'nt even have to be a decent size on. i think the article you are looking for was more in the sense of where on the bucktail to choose the hair from for different applications. The hair closer to the tip of the tail flares less than the hair at the base. when choosing your cut you decide if you want the tail to look "bulky" from flare or a streamlined tail lying flush on the hook shank. this is my own personal trend here and knowing how i go through flies in the salt from hooks rusting eventually and getting snagged, i don't spend top dollar on my bucktail. just do one saltwater flyswop and you see how that tail dissapears being a budget tyer i take what i can get and try fish it expensively .an eg my daughters b/day was on wed she needs new ballet shoes. 1k gone. i'm sure i could have got a busload of more useful fly stuff
    kids come first
    hope i made sense about the bucktail though
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    being a budget tyer i take what i can get and try fish it expensively .an eg my daughters b/day was on wed she needs new ballet shoes. 1k gone. i'm sure i could have got a busload of more useful fly stuff
    kids come first
    hope i made sense about the bucktail though

Note to self : remember if daughter comes home and says dad i want to be a ballet dancer phone Roland to ask if still has shoes to borrow. 1K.

do you know weather for tommorow Roland maybe we could fish a dam sometime during the day if not busy?
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Note to self : remember if daughter comes home and says dad i want to be a ballet dancer phone Roland to ask if still has shoes to borrow. 1K.

do you know weather for tommorow Roland maybe we could fish a dam sometime during the day if not busy?
    ha ha i sent you a pm as you were posting. give me a shout
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.