Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Upper Berg River update

Max, If you track a little further north, you will see the site of the Berg River dam. I guess thats where it used to be.

PS: Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here and you guys probably already know this, but I was fiddling around in GE on the weekend, switching content on and off. If you go to the Featured Content item, open it, look for Tracks For Africa, and then fiddle around switching things on, you'll find it marks all the roads in with names even, as well as adding the names of various dams and even areas where you can fish. T4A marks the BergRivier Dam site.

Give it a try if you haven't already.

... and I as keeping that hush hush...

Hi guys...yeah, I know how you guys value your GE placemarks. Glad to be of assistance.

If you look a bit North East from the wier (pipe), you'll see the Dewdale ponds about two km downstream, quite close to the base of the hill on the Eastern side of the stream.
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 13-08-07 at 04:01 PM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Max, If you track a little further north, you will see the site of the Berg River dam. I guess thats where it used to be.

PS: Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here and you guys probably already know this, but I was fiddling around in GE on the weekend, switching content on and off. If you go to the Featured Content item, open it, look for Tracks For Africa, and then fiddle around switching things on, you'll find it marks all the roads in with names even, as well as adding the names of various dams and even areas where you can fish. T4A marks the BergRivier Dam site.

Give it a try if you haven't already.
    thanks for the tip Shawn, I'll check it out.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    ... and I as keeping that hush hush...
    did I let the cat out the bag ?

Herewith, the old Dewdale GE placemark
    Attachment 1143

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    T4A marks the BergRivier Dam site.
    Hi Shaun,

I think thats one of mine. I started the flyfishing points on T4A a couple of years ago. Most of the cps rivers are done and a lot of the beats on the rivers around Rhodes. A lot of other people have started contributing so it's growing nicely. Will have some updates for the Maclear side at the end of September.

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi Shaun,

I think thats one of mine. I started the flyfishing points on T4A a couple of years ago. Most of the cps rivers are done and a lot of the beats on the rivers around Rhodes. A lot of other people have started contributing so it's growing nicely. Will have some updates for the Maclear side at the end of September.

Regards,
    Darryl
    Hey Darryl,

Good work there ! I noticed all those CPS waters as well as the waters in Rhodes. Great effort and certainly added a whole lot of value to GE since I discovered them.

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi Shaun,

Regards,
    Darryl
    Thanks Darryl, I like the posts...

Mike

I was scratching amongst some of my old photos and thought you guys might be interested in seeing this one. The Upper Berg in all its glory
    Attachment 1216

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast