Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: vaal shuffle in wet socks?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    And Snowbee's...I wade hard, and I've had a pair pull loose after about two sessions on the Vaal. They are crap quality.
    Ja jeez, snowbees are slightly lower than bottom of the barrel. I heard of a pair splitting just from the walk to the beat, let alone any river time.

I managed to destroy a set of Snowbee boots in less than 1 season on the Vaal (the sole disintegrated entirely)

Same thing with Chotas, except with them the leather outers cracked on the fold of the heel right on the achilles tendon (seen other ones do the same with other anglers)

Seeing as I fish almost every weekend and I'm not shy to go on a recce or a bushwhack, I've opted to buy cheaper boots rather than more expensive ones, who cares if they then only last 1 season if they only cost you R290 (for the Chota)

This time around my local didn't have Chotas in the right size so I was forced to pick up the Stealth.

I must say, pretty comfortable to walk in, great ankle support with the higher boot and generally they feel more sturdy than the Chotas, I suppose time will tell how long they last.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

What really looks good on the G3’s in the heavy rubber around the toes, wading hard on the Vaal can leave you toes a little bruised.
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

I also have a pair of Vision wading boots. Where can I get them re-soled?
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Sorry PK... but I know your sectret, regarding the Freestones...
    Mr M

No Problem, there are several people that knows this secret, maybe more than is good for business

PK

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    Mr M

No Problem, there are several people that knows this secret, maybe more than is good for business

PK
    Now thats funny...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Now thats funny...

Mike
    I bought my SIMMS long before I even knew of the existance of Vision, and they just won't die, we are talking three seasons of extensive, hard and regular fishing, the only thing that gave was the laces, other than that everything else is still in perfect condition. When they do eventually die, I will switch to Vision, and fact is only because I would have no choice, 1) because I doubt I would be able to afford SIMMS again, now being married 2) I believe that the Vision boots will give me same service.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4