Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eating Bear

I do not want to play mines bigger than yours game,but guys this has to be the ultimate fishing band.

http://www.bigtroutradio.com/

Traum, Tom Akstens and Chris Shaw, with the help of some good friends and super pickers.

By now you’ve heard about it . . . the tiny 10 watt radio station in the mountains of trout country that piggybacked onto a 50,000 watt, clear-channel signal and became an overnight sensation from Montauk to Missoula.

Carlton Munson, the station’s eccentric owner, has played only songs about fish and fishing since he assembled his mail-order transmitter and went on the air in 1959. "I only care about two things, " he explains, "Good fishing and good music. It's all trout, all the time." Since the FCC crackdown, Carlton is back transmitting to a four-mile radius. But he's graciously allowed us to go into the archives of Big Trout Radio and bring some of his favorite music to his many new-found listeners. So slip into some comfortable waders, kick back and enjoy! [* click to hear excerpt]

1. I'm A Goin' Fishin'
    2. Big Old Trout
    3. Fishin's Just a Waste of Time*
    4. Fishin' Blues*
    5. The Yellow Mailbox
    6. Dumb Luck
    7. Ain't No Sure Thing 8. On The Esopus
    9. Walter*
    10. Hook and Line
    11. My Old Cane Pole
    12. Crawdad
    13. Gone Fishin' Today
    14. Leave This World Behind
    Last edited by nicholas; 29-08-07 at 10:41 AM.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Excellent! When're they coming to Oppiekoppie or Splashy Fen?

Great story thanks SG. Sorry to digress but every time I look at the bottom of the forum to see whos online, the names make me think of Dave, Dee, Dozey, Beaky, Mick and Titch Don't know who they are (monkees?) but my Old Man plays the CD a lot.
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

WELL THANKS A LOT, GUYS... THAT'S THE LAST TIME I POST A REAL FISHIN STORY.
    i think I'm going to investigate this multiple id thing that some on the site have going.
    Surly ghillie signing out... say hello to the Mudshark

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    Great story thanks SG. Sorry to digress but every time I look at the bottom of the forum to see whos online, the names make me think of Dave, Dee, Dozey, Beaky, Mick and Titch Don't know who they are (monkees?) but my Old Man plays the CD a lot.
    They used to be on the TV (black and white) in the UK back in the 1960s!!

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Ghillie View Post
    WELL THANKS A LOT, GUYS... THAT'S THE LAST TIME I POST A REAL FISHIN STORY.
    i think I'm going to investigate this multiple id thing that some on the site have going.
    Surly ghillie signing out... say hello to the Mudshark
    Sorry i will own up to the hijack, but you did ask if anyone rembers vinyl

IF THIS IS THE FIRST THING YOU ARE READING ABOUT EATING BEAR PLEASE GO BACK TO THE BEGINGING OF THE THREAD FOR A GREAT STORY FROM SURLY GHILLIE

I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

It was simply 78's, LP's and 7'' Singles in my day. 'Vinyl' is so last-half 20th Century!

I still wear vinyl by the way

1. I'm A Goin' Fishin'

Mike Dickson, a local folksinger back in the 60's used to play it all the time. It's an old trad slave song from the south of America circa 1810....
    hell i even remember the words (& the chords)

".......Kate's been a fish'n all the time, I's a going fishing too. Bet your wife, your loving life, I'sa gonna catch more fish'n you. Any fish'll bite if yu got good bait, special in the summer if it ain't too late......"

seems like nothing ever changes. seems like there isn't anything ever truly new?
    Last edited by Surly Ghillie; 29-08-07 at 12:14 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3