Thread: Yellows in Western Cape

Default Yellows in Western Cape

Was up near Porterville on the weekend, and spoke to a number of farmers who have been approached by Cape Nature Con, to stock Yellows in any virgin dams on their properties. Hope the iniative works, as the farmers are keen, and it could mean good things for all of us!

Which yellow species, do you know?? Clanwilliam yellow I presume?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

yep, Clan Yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin Kushner View Post
    yep, Clan Yellows.
    Oooh! Lets hope it happens!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,

Hi Guys

This happened a while ago. you can find info here

This thread is when the Western Cape Yellowfish Working Group was started

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=332

Report back on our first project

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=1333

Ahh very cool! What happening with it at the mo?? Anything planned? How are the fish doing from the last stocking??

Chris will propably be able to answer that.

Hi guys, thanks for the interest. At the moment nothing much is happening but we plan to have an active working group agenda for the coming Summer. I suggest you guys keep an eye on the Yellowfish threads for more info on the first working group meeting for the new season. This will probably take place in October. Dean is heading off on a two week oversees conference shortly, but when he gets back we will finalize a date. As always, everyone who is interested in getting involved will be more than welcome to join us.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper