Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alternative to Bucktail

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Believe it or not!
    I did consider buying a lion mane - until I saw the price!!!
    Now, I'm into my yak stuff. Mmmm ... if somebody can now just proof the existence of the Yeti ....
    reminds me of a trip to elands baai a coupla years ago. guy comes up to us....
    meneer kreef hê?....asseblief sê ek (droll) volgende oggend kom kreef vanger...ai meneer ons soek R50.00 vir aas dan kom bring ons die kreef later. arssseeehhhole gee vir hom die aas geld, en daai aand eet ons weer hoender
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Given the current shortage of white bucktail in Cape Town (which I found out yesterday extends to Joburg) does anyone have any serious views on this subject?

I'm currently tieing flies for a trip and have no white bucktail left.

last time i was at philip, he had, but i presume you have spoken to him. if you in a pinch, i have white bucktail you can have and replace later. i have used some of it but there's a *** house left.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    I really hope to hear from Elize about this mistery hair she is tying with
    Elize, you've been talkative about Old Man River glaring at you for using my precious scissors to cut nylon, you havn't told the lads how you also used it on the lion's mane??

Quote Originally Posted by Garage View Post
    Given the current shortage of white bucktail in Cape Town (which I found out yesterday extends to Joburg) does anyone have any serious views on this subject?

I'm currently tieing flies for a trip and have no white bucktail left.
    As a last-gasp thought and I know it's not ideal, what about going to a shop or hobby shop and buying white craft fur? It's not perfect and hasn't the same action/consistency - but probably better than sweet F.A. depending on your urgency. The fact hobby/craft shops stock it means you aren't limited to what's in the ffishing shops - good luck!

Thanks Roland. Very kind of you. I actually have not looked at Philips at Eikendal! Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage View Post
    Thanks Roland. Very kind of you. I actually have not looked at Philips at Eikendal! Thanks for the reminder.
    in case the post was too public and the last has been snapped up, my offer still stands.

Default an alternative to hen hackles

I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2