Thread: WP Holsloot update

Default WP Holsloot update

Hi all

I spend most of today fishing on beat three of the Holsloot. The fishing was pretty hard as I only saw about 7 or 8 rises on the whole beat. Managed to land two good size fish of about 600-700g and another of about 400g.
    The river was pleasant and not too strong. what amazes me about this river is its clarity! Its definantly the cleanest river I have ever fished. It also rates as one of the most beatifull mountian stream settings as well. Stunning place.
    Cosidering that beat 3 is about 1,5 kilometers the fishing was a bit quiet, the weather was also getting nasty with an appoaching cold front so that also made the fishing tougher, still had a blast though.
    Did anyone fish any WC streams today?
    How did it go - would love to hear whats happening on the Elands pad, last i heard it was very quiet on the river - hope its picked up

Fished EP3 on fri - had a cracker (24 fish) and then The Witte 5 and 6 today - came away with 2 fish. Flip it was windy, cold and the cold front helped nothing. Character building fishing...

howzit Fred, you like long walks huh !?!

cold, windy and pre-frontal pretty much summed up SB5 on Sat as well. saw a couple of rises, but the water is still very fast, and the fish are not holding in the usual places...

SB4&5 yesterday. Very quiet. Missed a couple on dries. Landed one and lost 2(tangled around my legs). Walked SB5 with Cammo. Francois caught a nice 35+cm fish at Murky Pool. Cammo lost a couple as well, but landed one right at the end of the beat.
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by fdavis View Post
    Fished EP3 on fri - had a cracker (24 fish) and then The Witte 5 and 6 today - came away with 2 fish. Flip it was windy, cold and the cold front helped nothing. Character building fishing...
    Hi Fred

I see you had a leka time on EP3?

What was the most favoured flies which you used on EP3?

And also on the Witte?

I got a nice fish on the Witte at the end of last season on a #16 tan bodied ginger hackled parachute adams.

Laters
    Last edited by bossi; 27-09-07 at 10:10 PM.
    Regards Bossi