Page 4 of 162 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Stithians Flyfishers Randburg

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Real easy.

GO on the N1 as though to the vaal. Turn off at William Nicole drive and go left towards town. Keep going in the left hand lane so as not to go the wrong way when the road splits. keep going under the pedestrian bridge and past investment cars on the right. At the next robot you will see Jag and Subaru on the opposite right corner. This is peter place. Turn right into peter place and keep your eye's open for the school entrance.

Please correct me if i am wrong Chris
    thanks Wade

That's it! Directly opposite the Frontier Flyfishing shopping centre - look forward seeing you guys.
    Think I'll prance around in my new Flytalk shirt so you can spill red wine and braai sauce all over me to 'break' it in..
    If you get to the pub before me (I should be there about 6.30) Charles and Theo the two barmen will cater for your every need!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    That's it! Directly opposite the Frontier Flyfishing shopping centre - look forward seeing you guys.
    Think I'll prance around in my new Flytalk shirt so you can spill red wine and braai sauce all over me to 'break' it in..
    If you get to the pub before me (I should be there about 6.30) Charles and Theo the two barmen will cater for your every need!
    Dave and myself should be see you at about 7:00

Magic, remember guys don't wear shorts or you might get misidentified and hustled by prefects into doing Maths revision in the boarding house instead

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Magic, remember guys don't wear shorts or you might get misidentified and hustled by prefects into doing Maths revision in the boarding house instead
    They can try LOL !!! Chris please keep your phone on incase we get lost !

Will do. If you get lost outside the school, I'll call Chuck to tow you to the venue. If you get lost within the school (nearly 5 km circumference - huge place..) will get security to dump you and Wade at 'Lost Property'!
    Looking forward to it!
    When you get to the gate, security will tell you, but you go to first traffic circle, veer left for about 3/400m and you'll see astroturf floodlights on left. The building right there on top of a small hill is the 'One And All' pub

Cheers

To all that attended, we made it back through passport control safely last night. Even though we didnt end up tying heaps of flies it was cool to talk shop over a bevvy or two and I'll definitely be keen on attending the next one.

How many of you boys are feeling under the weather this morning
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post

Nothing a toasted bacon, egg and cheese from the canteen can't sort out

It was a good one - we should do it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Strong like a lion with a thorn in its paw! Will probably hit the "Valley" after graft. Thanks again Chris, it was a super evening
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and all the chirping - the flytying wasn't bad either!
    Thanks to all you Forumers who attended: Tye, Frik, Byron, Rory, Jocko, Dizzy, Michael, Reinier and Cameron
    We'll definitely do a re-enactment prior to Christmas.
    Charles and Theo (the barmen) were a bit disconcerted this morning as they thought one of our resident guinea fowl had been savaged by a dog in the pub. I reassured them it was only remnants of Byron's fly tying materials.

Page 4 of 162 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast