Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FREE White Bucktails

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Smear them with K-Y gel?
    OH of course..........smooth AND silky
    Last edited by nicholas; 26-10-07 at 08:44 PM.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I do not know if you have answered this question before, but what do they do with them in Tibet?
    Very poor people with almost no opportunities.
    Together with a Swedish Free Tibet movement group, helped to open a fly
    tying factory for the community where about 20 people benefit directly and
    almost 200 benefit indirectly. Apparently very basic and still learning.

Excellent stuff Wiets!
    I was thinking something here alongthe lines of getting some of the folks at my club and attendant school to put some bucks and time together to maybe teach a group of 'Homeless Talk' dudes to tie and retial them with the shops getting a mark-up and the basic profit going to the 'Homeless Talk' guys. There are so many out-of-work decent people here who have the moral fibre and pride not to resort to crime. Trouble is they all live in 'informal settlements' all over and trying tosay bus them to our school for lessons will be the main problem - anyway something I'm at least thinking of trying to get into place here in Joeys

Am off in a coupla hours to check if any smallscales want to co-operate with me, river levels around Badplaas pretty full but the water surprisingly is still about a metre-deep clear, but it's very spooky fishing so no self-afflicted strafdops till after dawn at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Very poor people with almost no opportunities.
    Together with a Swedish Free Tibet movement group, helped to open a fly
    tying factory for the community where about 20 people benefit directly and
    almost 200 benefit indirectly. Apparently very basic and still learning.
    Wow!!Best of luck....
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Thanks, we've already been doing a bit of riverwise education with dudes in Diepsloot, but it's hard work and real tip-of-the-iceberg stuff. Quite often if we can give the guys a good time and a temporary break away from their drudgery, a square meal and some clothing and they learn at least something, it's better than nought.

Wiets Banned User

Update on bucktails;

Chris - currently at Northriding, Johannesburg awaiting collection.

Others - I will be flying to Cape Town in a few hours and it will be at Killarney Gardens on Thursday morning (1 Nov. 2007) awaiting collection.

Default Bucktail

Hi Wiets,

Many thanks will either go today or tomorrow and stop off on route at the 'other venue' to pick up your goods and also deliver them to North Riding

Thanks again, Chris

Dear Wiets,

Dropped off your reels/spools at your North Riding branch - your colleague Pieter signed for them, all in order! Beautiful reels!
    Thanks also for the bucktail I picked up as well - will experiment this weekend!

Cheers, Chris

Wiets Banned User

Hi Chris

Thanks for collecting and delivering the reels & spools.
    Yeah ... pretty nice reels .... but also a nice penny!
    R7000 a reel is no laughing matter!

Talking

hey wiets.
    just wanted to send a big thanks for the bucktail. gona be really useful on our transkei trip in january. will (hopefully) have many a success story to tell on my return about the advantages of white bucktail
    thanks again, gareth!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.