Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any pointers on where to start?????

Tough life Mike... thanks they are also great...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Default What a site...

Hey Guys

Brilliant stuff to all those who bothered to make time for the beginners all round. Some great tips, great attitude the lot.

My father is going down to Jeffreys for Rock & Surf Club competitions and although i haven't heard of any swiffing going on there i think i should go with to get some practice.

downloading the vids now, have a great trip mike. we'll be looking out for the catch reports.

Later

Hi Philip,

There is ample opportunity at Jeffreys to throw a fly, with great spots for a beginner. To the east of Jeffreys you get the Kabeljous, this estuary is blind for most part, there is a distinct to channel which you can wade to, expect Leervis, elf, Skipjack, grunter, kob and some big flathead mullet. Kite boarders and windsurfers use this estuary, so go early.

The Gamtoos is a bit further to the west +- 15 km's, need a boat. Big kob this time of year, also Leeries, grunter and Skippies.

To the west of Jeffreys you get the Seekoei's river, which is also blind for most part at Aston. Same species. The Kromme is a bit further on, you can park at the foot of the bridge crossing the river, great estuary, wade to the right there is some flats from where you can reach the channel.

4 Estuaries in a close radius, speak to the guys at Commercial Marine in St. Francis or Jeffreys.

Enjoy and Good Luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2