Thread: 4 Or 5 Wt

Default 4 Or 5 Wt

I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    6 , 7 or 8 !!!

i'd go for a 7# on that one !

but mind you a mate of mine landed a 15kg barbel on a 5# this weekend so I dont know
    Last edited by tye2; 05-11-07 at 08:37 PM.

Default Thats nothing

Damn Thats just a day fishing for me - I have pics but I forgot the external HD cable at work
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

my word, that's some serious fish there. definately not on 6x tippet
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    my word, that's some serious fish there. definately not on 6x tippet
    I was waiting for a sage 0 wt on 7x tippet,but no takers
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

I was waiting for a sage 0 wt on 7x tippet,but no takers
    I had my first feel of a sage rod on friday. wow, super light, stunning looking reel, and just one thing to add here. Chris S. You dissed me about a reel having houding....Sorry, but there's no way for me, to want to even put that reel next to scratchable surfaces. my oh my, it was lovely.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

I had my first feel of a sage rod on friday. wow, super light, stunning looking reel, and just one thing to add here. Chris S. You dissed me about a reel having houding....Sorry, but there's no way for me, to want to even put that reel next to scratchable surfaces. my oh my, it was lovely.

You little closet sage sl&t...
    James Boswell.

You little closet sage sl&t...
    look it was definately a case of give it back quick...before i break it. so light....so smooth..... so forgiving....so loving....eish, i nearly tripped here as i got back in the closet

look it was definately a case of give it back quick...before i break it. so light....so smooth..... so forgiving....so loving....eish, i nearly tripped here as i got back in the closet
    Ha hahaha Roland. well penned, sounds like "the ode to the Sage" Oh Sage oh Sage, wherefore art though, a rose by any other name........

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ha hahaha Roland. well penned, sounds like "the ode to the Sage" Oh Sage oh Sage, wherefore art though, a rose by any other name........
    heh heh.
    I don't even want to mention what the 2 wt felt like. Oops, i nearly said, "what your 2 wt felt like." ... imagine that on a public forum. But between you and me...it was so soft and delicate. I did find though, that if the need arose....,your 2 wt could rise to the occasion
    nice rod bru