Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lost my virginty today

Default Lost my virginty today

I am pleased to announce that i popped my stream cherry today with two nice fish and a third that broke off(which in the true spirit of the one the got away........was massive) what a buzzz.......thanks rols for your patience really appreciate it
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Good lad, well done! Nothing better than breaking the duck, so to speak, in any new fishing adventure, now you've some confidence as you know you've done it in the past, so you're capable of doing it in the future! Best-laid plans of mice and men and all that stuff, but you KNOW now it's possible!

I believe congratulations are in order. Nice one!

PS ...Hope you practiced "safe" catch and release.
    Last edited by Reinier; 16-11-07 at 06:12 PM.

Nice one Nicholas! Well done. NOW the addiction starts...you'll want to go back all the time to get that big boy who got away!

Quote Originally Posted by Reinier View Post
    I believe congratulations are in order. Nice one!

PS ...Hope you practiced "safe" catch and release.
    Cheers guys.......all fish released and waiting for the next guy.....

WC guys, we fished hotel beat today just to let whoever is fishing it tommorow know,Rols also got 4.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Well done Nic, congrats !!!
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

yes well done nic got any pics

or are we suppose to take your and rols word for it

hope there are plenty more
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

Hey Nick, congrats on the cherry popping, Im sure it was sweet!!

We got Hotel beat for Sunday so well let you know how it goes.

.... P.S. So where did you say that monster was?? ...
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Hey Nick, congrats on the cherry popping, Im sure it was sweet!!

We got Hotel beat for Sunday so well let you know how it goes.

.... P.S. So where did you say that monster was?? ...
    Hi Matt, there was no monster,but i thought i had to say that as it got away!!!
    will be good to hear how you go,especially on fly selection,we covered a lot of water and blanked on a couple of sections.
    James Boswell.

We had a great day today and thanks to Darryl's help on wed, We managed to forge ahead. Only 3 unceremonious ("Vaal shuffles") by Nic. "chuckling quietly to myself now"....it always looks so funny and all you want to do is laugh, but the gentleman I am......"Nic you ok?", then I turned around and pee'd myself. I must say Nic adjusted quick, being your first ever fish on fly, and a stream fish at that, the first one came off on the jump. A quick chat about tension etc and the next two were landed beautifully. There are pics and suffice to say Nic caught the biggest fish. Once again I enjoyed a wonderful day on the streams and Matt it will be very interseting to hear how you guys do on Sunday. I know it's booked tommorrow as well.
    Cheers and enjoy the weekend all.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast