Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: rotary fly dryer

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Deneys View Post
    Sorry Wiets for the delay I have PMed you. - will collect
    Hi Deneys

The fly stand is still in Isando awaiting your collection.
    Please collect within the next 7 days or so.

Default correct size spindle to fit in drier motor.

Hi guys/gals

After putting together my new drier stand and motor. I now need a spindle to put into the motor. I bought a lock spindle from a hardware store, but it is too big and does not fit the hole in the motor....

Has anyone found a spindle/shaft that fits into the driers? (Roland uses a pencil jammed into the motor, it does the job but I want a durable setup that looks good too)

Thanks in advance....
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    Hi guys/gals After putting together my new drier stand and motor. I now need a spindle to put into the motor. I bought a lock spindle from a hardware store, but it is too big and does not fit the hole in the motor.... Has anyone found a spindle/shaft that fits into the driers? (Roland uses a pencil jammed into the motor, it does the job but I want a durable setup that looks good too) Thanks in advance....
    I made you a drawing which will hopefully explain a reasonable way to do what you're looking for. Go to Builder's Wharehouse and get yourself a Webber braai shaft - this shaft is mark as "A" on the drawing. It should fit perfectly into the square opening of the motor.

Once you made your foam disc where the flies will be attached, you can the cut the shaft to size. Then drill and tap a thread into one end of the shaft so that you can attach the disc by means of a machine screw into the shaft. If you cannot tap and thread the shaft, take it to a local machine shop.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Wiets; 09-02-08 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    I made you a drawing which will hopefully explain a reasonable way to do what you're looking for. Go to Builder's Wharehouse and get yourself a Webber braai shaft - this shaft is mark as "A" on the drawing. It should fit perfectly into the square opening of the motor.

Once you made your foam disc where the flies will be attached, you can the cut the shaft to size. Then drill and tap a thread into one end of the shaft so that you can attach the disc by means of a machine screw into the shaft. If you cannot tap and thread the shaft, take it to a local machine shop.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks wiets

Perfect!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Rols,

Got back from a fantastic Maldives fishing trip to find the motor had arrived.
    Thanks.
    Assembled it with Wiets' stand and it works well.
    Will tie a few flies tomorrow night for Kosi and check it all out.
    Please send me cost and banking details, thanks again, Paul

Hay guys, check out the small motors that are in a microwave. RPM is around 6-7. The motors are on the top and bottom. They are very small, but powerful.

Tony

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12