Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Storm damage Garden route

Default Storm damage Garden route

I just heared that the rivers from The Breede all the way up to the Keurbooms are in serious flood.
    Sedgefield lagoon has burst its banks, and the Keurbooms and Bitou are powering down like never seen before.
    Anyone in the area got some pic?

Hi Andre. Dunno which area you want to see pictues of, but I posted a pick of the Kleinbrak-rivier on Flytalk. it was taken at 11-30 am. Water rose much more when I fetched the kids from Mosselbay at 5-00pm. George airport had 250+ mm rain by 4pm..... in 24 hours.

I'm sh1tting myself. I have an urgent job in Plett that needs to be done today and the courier is stuck in Sedgefield! Also need some stuff returned from Plett for tomorrow. Eish, just can't win.

Plett is heavilly flooded. My agent there lives next to the Keurbooms and his house is a meter under water. The rain has not stopped since Wednesday.
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

I have a training officer stuck in George. I hope he is ok because I can not get hold of him on his cell...

here is to hoping.....
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    My agent there lives next to the Keurbooms and his house is a meter under water. The rain has not stopped since Wednesday.
    have they caught anything yet?
    the patient mental...

That was my first thought as well. Fihsing for leeries from the comfort of your bed
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    That was my first thought as well. Fihsing for leeries from the comfort of your bed
    a waterbed too!
    the patient mental...

How will this influence the fishing in 3 weeks time? A lot of us are going there as far as i know.
    Vow not to stop until i've got a kingfish, but then gentlemen... it has just begun...

if it stops raining, then i'm sure it'll be cool. you could give Ralph a call in Knysna and he'd probably be able to give you a lot of info. not sure what his suname is, but he's a guide down there (both shore- and boat-based swoffing). PM me if you'd like his number
    the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    How will this influence the fishing in 3 weeks time? A lot of us are going there as far as i know.
    There will be no fishing in 3 weeks time. I am also going up on the 5th of Dec until Christmas. last year the fishing was also slow, and that was a month after the flood. The water has to all run out, and the tidal push has to get going again for the fish to come back in. The storm water also drops the temperature which keeps the fish out of the river as well.
    Heres hoping for a miracle anyway.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast