Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Storm damage Garden route

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    It can happen fairly quickly if the rain and flooding stops, but if the prawn beds have been destroyed, there will be no food in the estuary to bring the fish back. The big question is around the recovery of the estuarine food sources.
    That is a bit of cause for concern, although the Breede has a huge mouth, so hopefully it won't be too affected.

A few years ago every last prawn in the Milnerton lagoon was wiped out by the after effects of a flood, when tons of hyacinth accumulated and choked up the mouth. The subsequent rotting vegetation turned the lagoon into a stinking boggy marshland.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I hear it is peeing down again in the Garden route and Overberg.
    How much more can they take????
    Driving up to Arniston over the weekend every river and rivulet in the Overberg was flowing strongly some even breaking their banks where normally you can 't even see some of these little streams.Never seen all the streams from Bot river to Arniston flowing like that not even after the 2005 floods.

Hehehehe, could not help to laugh when I read this Couple of hundreds/thousands of people being affected by serious damage to houses etc. and the primary thing is the fishability of the estuaries and river mouths ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hey, we might be concious of and concerned for the well being of others ... but ... my flies come first
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Does anyone know how far up the coast the rain went – did it get up past PE?

I'm in PE at the mo - we got some rain but nothing major. Seems to be mainly confined to the southern cape.

I really hope the fish come back into the Keurbooms soon since I'll be camped there in 2 weeks time. . And ja, I'm really sorry for those who had their houses munted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Elliott View Post
    And ja, I'm really sorry for those who had their houses munted.
    Thanks Kevin, that is sweet
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

awesome is all I can say...you gotta admire mother nature!!!

Or shall I say , "man's" nature to spew out environmentally destroying garbage that undoubtedly stuffs our weather up.

The only poistive is that I will probably be hooking into Blue Marlin off Cape Point and getting chases from monster GT'S at Witsand in the next 10 years.

Give your cars and extra rev on start up and let it idle to 30 minutes before switching off. I wanna catch em GT's at Blakes/Strand!

i like the way you thinking with some dubious politicio's getting support lately, anythings possible
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Any news on the status quo on Garden Route floods???
    Vow not to stop until i've got a kingfish, but then gentlemen... it has just begun...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast