Thread: East Coast Spots

Default East Coast Spots

Hey guys, after 3 weeks of punishing fishing in Jan, in and around Mdumbi (Transkei) were taking a leisurely week long drive back down to CT and was wondering where we should stop along the way. Please could you throw some names of estuaries at me, that we should check out. Boats are not a problem.
    Dankies in advance
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Anything... ?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,

Swartkops, near PE, of course for skipjack & leeries.
    Gamtoos river can be good for kob.
    Not sure about Knysna any more.
    I tried Swartvlei this January for 3 evening sessions without joy. Were lots of grunter around but didn't target them.

That's a start....

Try and get a hold of some of the "On Dad" crowds mags as they seem to spend half of summer in the transkei and are always mentioning names of rivers and points in the area
    Check your knots!

Do they come from Koksdad?

hello FW

There are plenty of good rivers to fish between there and Cape Town. I have fished a lot of them with varying success. What species are you targeting as some of these rivers are better for some fish and not so good for others. Give me a call at some point and I will give an update as far as i can of the fishing in the Southern Cape.

Anton
    082 459 0118

Thanks guys. We are staying at Knysna on the way up and will definitely check out Swartkops on the way back.

Anton, thank you very much for your kind gesture. We will be targeting Skippies, grunter and BIG leerie. But we're just looking for anywhere that is productive. I'm also very keen to pick up some new species!
    Last edited by FishWhisperer; 11-12-07 at 12:25 PM.

Don't forget the Kei river.

Gamtoos is good ... you have access to boats.

Swartkops is apparently magical in summer.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.