Page 4 of 437 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: WC Streams report back

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    stunning pics darryl. Eben should have just cast the whole lot back in and seen what happens.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by J Brink View Post
    Yes Rols,
    I took the kids yesterday to Strand for some fishing but hell the holiday makers are making it tuff to fish. I get the nice school of mullet and this real idiot comes and jumps in to cool of in the water. I also packed up and left, in hinnd site I just had to give a fly rod to each of the twins with nice big hook and let them rip between the swimmers, that should clean a beach out quickly
    Rather avoid the frustration guys and give Blakes a miss until after the season. At the end of the day, everybody is entitled to their bit of beach and unfortunately fly fishing in amongst all the beach go'ers is a bit selfish because the fly line needs a bit more than it's fair share of beach. Ask yourself this question, would you be happy if your toddler got hooked in the @rse by some idiot attempting to fly fish in amongst all the bathers?
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 10-12-07 at 09:11 AM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    stunning pics darryl. Eben should have just cast the whole lot back in and seen what happens.
    roland, that thing was way too big to cast with my 3#

the fly in the first pic is a size 12 adams....

it picked up the fly, a long leader and flew around with a decent amount of fly line...

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    Looking forward to it. Last time I was out on beat 5 with Chris Swanepoel. The guys on beat 4 got 1 fish between them and we landed 9. Hopefully tomorrow would look better
    I wouldnt worry about beat 4, that was me with a friend that I took fishing with his dad(60) for their first time on the cape streams. They really enjoyed it, but their river skills still needs some honing. Trust me, he was mightily impressed with that one fish. I really didnt fish at all, but we had some wine afterward at a wine farm and had a very enjoyable day overall.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    roland, that thing was way too big to cast with my 3#

the fly in the first pic is a size 12 adams....

it picked up the fly, a long leader and flew around with a decent amount of fly line...
    geez, then it was big. it dwarfs the fly
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by izak View Post
    I wouldnt worry about beat 4, that was me with a friend that I took fishing with his dad(60) for their first time on the cape streams. They really enjoyed it, but their river skills still needs some honing. Trust me, he was mightily impressed with that one fish. I really didnt fish at all, but we had some wine afterward at a wine farm and had a very enjoyable day overall.
    So what you are trying to say is, you are not actually such a cr@p fisherman as what the stats are making you out to be Izak?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi Darryl,

Same happened to me and he pout on a brave fight! Unfortunately the wings got cut by the tippets, so I had to put him down. Sure he made a tasty morsel to some trout further down stream
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    So what you are trying to say is, you are not actually such a cr@p fisherman as what the stats are making you out to be Izak?
    hehe, I am probably pretty crap compared to most hardcore stream fisherman. Yesterday I decided to dry fly only, didnt get many, but had a hell of a good time. Had a laughing fit with us trying to catch a monster but kept casting into the vegetation around it, didnt get the fish, but it was classic stuff.

Morning all

Holsloot 3 - Saturday

Had a bit of a late start ie 11 am - yes I know but considering I got to bed at 5am and was on the road by 9.15 it's not too bad.
    I dunno what you guys think but the Holsloot is just gorgeous at the moment - clean and as clear as ever.Must say the weather was quite mild for those parts which was great since I forgot to bring the sunblock.

First couple of hours was great, I got 4 fish and a couple of half hearted looks from some bigger specimens - changing flies evoked an even less enthusiastic response.
    Next couple of hours was bleak like someone flipped a switch and the fishing went off.
    It seemed to pick up again for the last 2 hours and I landed another 5.
    So 9 fish for the day all in a very enjoyable session with stunning water and beautiful hard fighting fish.What more could one ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Morning all

Holsloot 3 - Saturday

Had a bit of a late start ie 11 am - yes I know but considering I got to bed at 5am and was on the road by 9.15 it's not too bad.
    I dunno what you guys think but the Holsloot is just gorgeous at the moment - clean and as clear as ever.Must say the weather was quite mild for those parts which was great since I forgot to bring the sunblock.

First couple of hours was great, I got 4 fish and a couple of half hearted looks from some bigger specimens - changing flies evoked an even less enthusiastic response.
    Next couple of hours was bleak like someone flipped a switch and the fishing went off.
    It seemed to pick up again for the last 2 hours and I landed another 5.
    So 9 fish for the day all in a very enjoyable session with stunning water and beautiful hard fighting fish.What more could one ask for?
    That's excellent fishing for the Holsloot, taking into account that you only fished for half a day. Usually 10 a day on the Holsloot is considered good. My best ever was 30, but that was an exceptionally good day. The same day that Leonard caught the same amount on the beat above me

Page 4 of 437 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast