Page 103 of 437 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4368

Thread: WC Streams report back

Quote Originally Posted by schmoose View Post
    Yeah Dean Impson is on a course run by the US navy on how to taint marijuana with a sybstance called BZ, a technique they perfected during the Vietnam/Korean wars (see Jacobs Ladder). The plan is to do an impact assesment for a day and then release it on the rastas.
    If it works, they might even replace the rotenone
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

another solution would be to leave a few strategically placed half-empty bottles of brandy lying around - laced with a teaspoon of Rattex!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    another solution would be to leave a few strategically placed half-empty bottles of brandy lying around - laced with a teaspoon of Rattex!
    I like your thinking Jasper!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

At these days' prices, rather substitute the brandewyn with cold tea..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    At these days' prices, rather substitute the brandewyn with cold tea..
    we are NOT talking Courvoisier here my friend!! .... good old Cape firewater .... but then again ... some papsak soetwyn might also work!! (the Rattex will improve the flavour)
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.

May I try some?

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    May I try some?
    I laid a sak down for the 10th March!! ... a very good month too!!!

ha ha, will get into training!!

fished smalblaar 3 today. Not a great day... Fished like a nunu!!! I also noticed fished refusing my fly's at the last moment, I was fishing 5x as I had nothing else. Could this have been one of the reasons.

Notwithstanding managed 4 (all on a black para adams) fish and lost a few.... Also lost my watch! Nothing fancy just a polar (heart rate monitor type) it has slot of my training info stored on it so if anyone finds one floating around..... Pleeeeez let me know.

Anyone else got anything to report?

Quote Originally Posted by kyle-J View Post
    fished smalblaar 3 today. Not a great day... Fished like a nunu!!! I also noticed fished refusing my fly's at the last moment, I was fishing 5x as I had nothing else. Could this have been one of the reasons.

Notwithstanding managed 4 (all on a black para adams) fish and lost a few.... Also lost my watch! Nothing fancy just a polar (heart rate monitor type) it has slot of my training info stored on it so if anyone finds one floating around..... Pleeeeez let me know.

Anyone else got anything to report?
    The refusals could have something to do with the 5x tippet. This time of year, and the water levels and temps, the way they are on the smallies, 7x is the thickest i would go for. Also aleader length of minimum 15foot, and fly size maximum 18.
    had some good action on dries in light rain on the Elands on Thursday. Nothing on nymphs, although I did get one double hookup on a CDC klinkie and a soft hackle. I hooked a fish on the dry, and while it was swimming around, I noticed a bass chasing. I left it in the water for a few seconds, and the bass took the soft hackle. Never caught a trout and a bass together before.

Page 103 of 437 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 153 203 ... LastLast