Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fly Fishing in Durban Harbour?

Quote Originally Posted by moesujee1@gmail.com View Post
    Hi

Fishing of the sand bank is allowed.Was at the harbour about two weeks back.Got a few nice grunter as the tide was turning just off the sandbank.You can actually see them feeding on the cracker shrimps embedded in the sand.Oh just don't stand in the water and fish.One guy was taken by a tiger shark in kee deep water fishing off the sand bank.
    it was a Zabezi by the way dude. Ive seen a few johnnies in the bay. Hit one with the centrevoard while sailing and broke my nose when i flew into the mast. There are lotsa stories bout the "Harbour Zambies".

Quote Originally Posted by murray View Post
    I tried fishing at Durban harbour about 2 months ago, on a Sunday afternoon. I was fishing off the banks when the security guards told me I had to leave. I asked them why and they said "fishing is not allowed". I told them I wasn't going to catch anything anyway (as usual) so please let me fish for a while. They then went and called the cops and we all got into a rather heated debate (for a Sunday) about the law of property. It wasn't pleasant - so try to avoid the boys in blue if you're going to fish the harbour.

Murray
    Hey Murray. Tell him to stuff off. Ive fished those banks for years, even at Wilsons Wharf "beach". You only not allowed to fish off the slipways or'walk-ons for the yachts. Ive seen some nice fish around those walk ons though. Bloddy law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegill View Post
    Hey Paul, any luck at Kosi? We took Shaun F to Isispingo (Ledges) & he got 5 Moonies on his first Saltwater outing, hows that!! Nothing huge but at least he got fish. We are planning to get to Treasure Beach this weekend so let me know if you are keen, then we can all go together as usual.

Cheers

Alan
    Howzit Alan,

Kosi was nice, got 3 new species...first day we hammered it properly as the spring was pushing into the system....between 2 of us we got about 20 greenspots, 2 bluefins, a small GT and a springer(my first ever). All tagged and released. I'm keen as for this weekend. Will probably give you a call tonight to finalise plans. I've never fished there before so it'll be awesome to throw a line somewhere different! I'll bring the pics on a flash drive to so you can drool a bit haha. Lekker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3