Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: leeries at zandvlei

****! There goes the neighbourhood.....again

Quote Originally Posted by strydomg View Post
    Come on

Why keep it a secret.

It's not like I'm looking to eat a garrick from Zandvlei. In it for the sport.
    Strydomg

If you want to just even have casting room for yourself at Zandvlei, I'd advise you to be very careful of what you post on flytalk. With good fishing spots becoming scarce, people flock to any spot that is "rumoured/heard" to be fishing well. It has happened before as a result of people posting on this site and is a sad reality at present...... This subject has been flogged to death and I don't want to waste people's time discussing this again. Go fish, enjoy it and let fisherman discover their success through their own perseverance and time on the water.....
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    its not about being stingy its bout saving the peace.

send me a pm and I will help you and take you go catch a leerie. I will be back in cape town from the 14th. gonna go moer some leeries in the surf tomorrow
    Hi Dewald.
    I have been trying to get down to you for quite some time now but always land up going to Kimberly and KZN. I think i might just pull rank for the next trip out to the western cape
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

I fear the damage has been done already..........just for the record i havnt landed a fish here in months(except for the carp ).....maybe strydomg knows something we dont
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Smile

Not many fish anywhere at the moment it seems. Stuisbaai and De Mond are very quiet, and Blakes is completely off. Saw Rols' report yesterday but popped in at Blakes today nevertheless for a brief throw on the incoming tide.

Very, very nice looking water, but not a single, solitary chase!

Astonishing.

Looks like the 40 cm fish that everyone kept catching over and over again has finally decided that he has had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage View Post
    Not many fish anywhere at the moment it seems. Stuisbaai and De Mond are very quiet, and Blakes is completely off. Saw Rols' report yesterday but popped in at Blakes today nevertheless for a brief throw on the incoming tide.

Very, very nice looking water, but not a single, solitary chase!

Astonishing.

Looks like the 40 cm fish that everyone kept catching over and over again has finally decided that he has had enough.
    Did you check the barometer yesterday? Took a serious dive. Don't give up on Blakes yet........plenty of fish around!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

This is one thing about flytalk, there is alway more guests that members. Right now 36 members and 59 guests. WTF guys? This is why no one is posting spots, to prevent the leaches from taking over.

Edit: Taken form another forum I frequent: Currently Active Users: 91 (63 members and 28 guests)

BTW, I never liked Zandvlei, its too dirty for me. Maybe we should discuss which firearm is best to protect yourself while fishing there.
    Last edited by izak; 11-01-08 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by izak View Post
    This is one thing about flytalk, there is alway more guests that members. Right now 36 members and 59 guests. WTF guys? This is why no one is posting spots, to prevent the leaches from taking over.

Edit: Taken form another forum I frequent: Currently Active Users: 91 (63 members and 28 guests)

BTW, I never liked Zandvlei, its too dirty for me. Maybe we should discuss which firearm is best to protect yourself while fishing there.
    or more importantly, which condom will best protect the family jewels while wading
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Guys- I know of this insane spot where the leeries jump out of the water and into your cortina boot about 2 hours away from here. If you want I'll post directions and give tactics as well. Please note that all fish caught must be kept and I charge R80/kg.
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    or more importantly, which condom will best protect the family jewels while wading
    You cant even bite you line with your teeth(not that you should ) for fear of dying before you reach your car. Not my type of fishing. I prefer to be able to drink the water I fish in.

If you want a good fight tie your line to the end of your girlfriends moms poodle's tail, that will also give you a good fight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast