Thread: Needed?!!!

Default Needed?!!!

A guide crazy or willing enough to spent 3 hours on Saturday at my local waters to help save our sanity.

3 Struggling flyfishers need casting tuition, de-mystify jargon about leaders and tippets, etc, help in "reading the waters" and basic "bugg" teaching.

In turn we will help redistribute our "wealth" for your time, you will meet interesting new people and cultures (and then get to kill them), we will even provide "wine tasting" next to the dam, and might consider lunch or dinner depending on the mood afterwards.

Only an hour and half away from Cape Town is the village of Hermanus, there is rumours about trout....

You will be able to save the trout (I think they are killing themselves laughing at us), restore our faith in printed material, have the change to find stock at your local fly fishing shop (as we would have stopped buying everything that is supposed to help one catch trout), stem the learning curve of stocked trout on how to outsmart fly fishers and restore our lives to smiling, happy people.

Any takers please phone 083 298 9364.

Default Needed

ADDFLY,

I am also part of that syndicate. There are a couple of good guys up in the area who could help you out. Why not make a turn at the shop and ask for help. What you may not know is that the club has bought a couple of kits for developing folks maybe latch onto this initiative. If you live in the area I will be up there in the next couple of weekends and will give you a call and we can go and fish together.

I would love to, all you gotto do is get me there...

One Time flights are real cheep...

Mike
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Hi, my big friend at the shop is helping, my big brother, sometimes at the shop need casting lessons. My fiance (typical woman) is stubborn and will not keep her backstroke short.

Me ? Dam?? the trout, no see what they eating?

Everybody is helping, just need some fine tuning, specially on the strokes, expert eye!!

don't forget, fishing stillwaters in this warm weather is never going to be easy. i take it you are in hermanus?
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Yep poor us, need to sort out the casting before the season starts

I am very far from being an expert, but would it not be much easier trying to catch in a smallish dam first, just to get the feel for it and then head on out to the rivers after you have build your confidence first?

Have you spoken to Louis Day?

Louis guides in and around Hermanus. Mainly saltwater but he is obviously very competent at the Trout stuff as well.