Thread: Hot Spots on the Klipriver

Default Hot Spots on the Klipriver

Has anyone got a secret spot on the klipriver near meyerton, as I work in meyerton and would be nice to take a detour on the way home some/most afternoons.

or is the Klip just too dirty?

Mike

Mike, there are some nice rapids near the Country Club. I fished them about 2 years ago. All I caught was sacks, old shirts, shorts, dresses etc. etc. I have never in my life seen such polluted water
    An ariel pic showing the confluence of the Klip and Vaal proves this. Below the confluence the water is black, above it the normal Vaal Dam brown.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi Herman

Yip I have seen the Google earth picture where you see the klips water flowing into the vaal scary.

Pitty would have been nice to loose my way home after a tuff day at the office, Erina is a bit far from meyerton during the week.

Guys,

I own property which borders the Kliprivier in Meyerton. I have about 40metres of riffles and upstream from my place there is a huge slow pool.
    We regularly catch lovely yellows and muddies.

Although the river is unfisheable at the moment, you guys can contact me and we can set something up.

Tiht Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Zambezi View Post
    Guys,

I own property which borders the Kliprivier in Meyerton. I have about 40metres of riffles and upstream from my place there is a huge slow pool.

Although the river is unfisheable at the moment, you guys can contact me and we can set something up.

Tiht Lines
    That is very kind of you Zambezi.

I go past meyerton when working in Vdbijl, Vereeneging or Sasolburg for a week every now and then. Often wondered about that water?
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Quote Originally Posted by Zambezi View Post
    Guys,

Tiht Lines
    I like this guy!!!

Hi Guys

Been a while... has anyone fished the Kliprivier recently? I went to the Country Club and the water looks pretty good, there was a lot of surface action and I saw a couple of monster barbel.

The water looked a bit dirty but there is no bad smell.
    “What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly fisher calls a great hatch.” ~ Patrick F.