Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Foam

Default Foam

What is the best foam ito floatation to use for hopper patterns and the like?

Any idea on brands and most importantly,where locally can I get some or abroad for that matter.

Thanks
    G

Hi Gerrit,

It's a lot cheaper to go to your nearest foam shop and buy some off-cuts of high density foam. For small bodies like with hi-vis ants and small hoppers etc, you can buy yourself one of those rotating leather punches used for making holes in belts etc. Glue two colours together and then use the punch to make some bodies. Cheaper still, just cut them out with scissors.

Rgds,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi Gerrit,

It's a lot cheaper to go to your nearest foam shop and buy some off-cuts of high density foam. For small bodies like with hi-vis ants and small hoppers etc, you can buy yourself one of those rotating leather punches used for making holes in belts etc. Glue two colours together and then use the punch to make some bodies. Cheaper still, just cut them out with scissors.

Rgds,
    Darryl
    Thanks Darryl,

The tricky part now is to find those foam shops.Any PTA takers?

G

I know you've asked for pretoria, but.... there is (or was) a foam shop in Randburg (just around the corner from where Scuba City used to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Spilogaster View Post
    I know you've asked for pretoria, but.... there is (or was) a foam shop in Randburg (just around the corner from where Scuba City used to be).
    Thanx Spilogaster,

I'll google it,yellow page it as well.

Happy bday by the way

G

Hi Spilogaster - where in randburg is that? I work in RB and would like to get some.

Gerrit - I'm sure I can get some for you if you want.

Mmmmmmm,
    I dont know if you know where Scuba City used to be? well if u were stood on the pavement outside scuba city's doors facing scuba city, you would turn to your left (as though you were walking towards Jan smuts Ave) and walk around the block that way, and the foam shop is a bit further up, opposite the (caltex I think) garage.

Mmmmmmm,
    I dont know if you know where Scuba City used to be? well if u were stood on the pavement outside scuba city's doors facing scuba city, you would turn to your left (as though you were walking towards Jan smuts Ave) and walk around the block that way, and the foam shop is a bit further up, opposite the (caltex I think) garage.
    Nope - you lost me there. Not sure where Scuba City was either. Nearest major intersection?

From what I've read it needs to be high density.Otherwise the word Titanic comes to mind.

Thanks Byron,u test it out first

G

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    From what I've read it needs to be high density.Otherwise the word Titanic comes to mind.

Thanks Byron,u test it out first

G
    first I have to find the shop - I think there is one near the corner of Hendrik Verwoerd and Pretoria roads... might be the one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast