Thread: St. Lucia

Default St. Lucia

I'm going to be in the st lucia region this holiday! do any of you guys have any tips for me? where to fish & what flies 2 use?

My advice would be to hop in your car and drive 30km up the coast to cape vidal! Once there walk 2km south of the bay to the lighthouse and fish the ledges and gullies - there are plenty of big blacktail, stonebream and kingfish that are very willing to take a fly. While walking from the bay to the lighthouse you can throw a small #6 white crazy charlie or pompano puff for the wave garrick (3 spot pompano)

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Quote Originally Posted by Divan View Post
    I'm going to be in the st lucia region this holiday! do any of you guys have any tips for me? where to fish & what flies 2 use?
    Hello Divan...

Lots of options... Good wave garrick, kingies and shad at St. Lucia. The guys are getting lots of fish att he moment. You can also fish in the estuary for springer and kob. Just be extremely cautious of the crocs. If you walk south to the Umfolozi mouth at Mapelane, you should also get some kingies, shad and kob.

Vidal is usually cooking at this time of the year with Wave Garrick, Kingies and some shad.

Best fly for the fun fish are a Sea Lice and a Salty Bugger. This past weekend at Kosi, we had about 50 fish between three anglers in one day. All fish were taken on these flies.

Hope this helps. Tight lines at St. Lucia and Vidal. Just watch out for the holiday makers on the beach - there should be plenty of them too. Just wont be fun releasing them.

Regards

Sudesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh Pursad View Post
    Best fly for the fun fish are a Sea Lice and a Salty Bugger.
    is that fl. orange antron on that fly?
    the patient mental...

i like this fly

is the white stuff UV Ice dubbing

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Hi...

The orange stuff is simply flourescent orange floss, and the white stuff is widow's web.

Regards
    Sudesh

thanks for the feedback