Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Fresh Fly Swap Theme

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    How about a "Proudly South African" fly swap?

Flies must be south african patterns (they must also be tied in the dark ).
    A) Ed wil win - his fluorescent tying supply will see to that!

B) What do you mean by a South African pattern? Must it be a pattern that was locally tied the 1st time, like a ZAK, RAB, TVN and so forth?

Why not go some way extra, and use local materials only? That would be a toughie!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by Troep View Post
    Come on guys lets decide on a theme - THIS WEEK!!

Cheers

Troep

I agree.....will someone please make an "executive decision" so we could get this thing going!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    I agree.....will someone please make an "executive decision" so we could get this thing going!!!
    Ok...listen, this is my last cast before I pack up and go home!!!

Why not have a bash at materials.......in other words, all participants must ty a fly with the chosen material. This material must be visible. So, if the chosen material is.....lets say....copper wire, everybody must ty a fly that has some visible copper wire in it......even if it's used for ribbing!
    Last edited by C J; 05-02-08 at 04:44 PM.

Ok...listen, this is my last cast before I pack up and go home!!!

Why not have a bash at materials.......in other words, all participants must ty a fly with the chosen material. This material must be visible. So, if the chosen material is.....lets say....copper wire, everybody must ty a fly that has some visible copper wire in it......even if it's used for ribbing!
    Colin, we who know you, know your preference for Copper Johns, hence your "handle". Trying to "load the dice" a bit boet???

P.S. Wiets, PLEEEEEZEE make an EXECUTIVE DECISION and let's get rolling!!!!
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    A) Ed wil win - his fluorescent tying supply will see to that!

B) What do you mean by a South African pattern? Must it be a pattern that was locally tied the 1st time, like a ZAK, RAB, TVN and so forth?

Why not go some way extra, and use local materials only? That would be a toughie!!
    Yeah that's what i meant M,

"This is a Local Swop for Local People only!"
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Colin, we who know you, know your preference for Copper Johns, hence your "handle". Trying to "load the dice" a bit boet???

P.S. Wiets, PLEEEEEZEE make an EXECUTIVE DECISION and let's get rolling!!!!
    Bla..bla...bla...yakkie...scmakkie!!!! Does not have to be copper wire and I dont have any luck, so a loaded dice wont even help......but I give up!!!! I'll stick with my first statement......PLEASE MAKE AN EXECUTIVE DECISION!!!!

P.S. When is your little compitition with Byron.....I need to judge remember.

Bla..bla...bla...yakkie...scmakkie!!!! Does not have to be copper wire and I dont have any luck, so a loaded dice wont even help......but I give up!!!! I'll stick with my first statement......PLEASE MAKE AN EXECUTIVE DECISION!!!!

P.S. When is your little compitition with Byron.....I need to judge remember.
    OK........is this going anywhere?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.