Thread: Salt Fly Swap Theme

Wiets Banned User

Default Salt Fly Swap Theme

Salt Fly Swap Theme - for Salt Fly Swap March 2008.

It’s time to start organising Fresh Fly Swap - March 2008. In line with suggestions made, which fly theme/type should be tied for this fly swap?

Once the fly theme/type is decided upon, I will create a new thread for the actual fly swap.

Hi Wiets

I haven't participated in the previous fly swaps, but keen to try. Could you please run the concept by me again.

Thanks
    Jacques

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

They decide on a fly to tie and then members agree to participate, so for instance if 10 guys are keen to join, you tie 10 flies and send them up to Wiets where he sorts them and sends back one fly from each person back to you, so you end up with your own fly and 9 tied by the others.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Sounds like fun. Count me in Wiets, for both (fresh and salt).
    Jacques

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

I haven't participated before. Sounds cool. Let's do something traditional like Sar-mul-mac, hook sizes 2/0 to 4/0. The interesting bit is the ability to incorporate some modern materials.

Was a theme for this swap finalised yet?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.