Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Yellowfin Tuna spotted in the waves.....

Quote Originally Posted by will101 View Post
    Ps I lost my favourite anchor out there last time with Patrick. I was too wuss to go fetch it in 15 meters.
    Too wuss for the cold water or the swimming creatures?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

No, the water was fine. I think if I had a diving mask with me it wouldn't have been a problem. Oh, and my wetsuit was torn open all the way down my back (too much kfc).

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    Phly - First off... where the hell have you been mate? We been missing your reports and pics bro!!!

Second - did you see any colouration of the fish in the waves? Why I ask is that when you are catching tuna in the deep, you start to see colour pretty deep down and the yellow of their fins and sickles are pretty evident.... just wondering if you saw any colour...

Thirdly - Where are the pics?!?!? :-)

As to Tuna off the ledges at Rooikranz... I think the biggest fish landed from the ledges was a 186 lb ( 84 kilo ) Yellowfin by Jackie Wheeler in the 60's.... thats fishing!!!!!
    They also used to Hook Bluefin from those ledges, but obviously none were ever landed....
    Yeah man, been off this site for a while eh. Fishing hard...Hitting Kosi tomorrow morning..can't wait. Sorry for the late reply. Was up in JHB visiting the grandparents for the weekend.

Never saw much colouration as it was late afternoon and overcast-ish but i'm pretty damn sure they were tuna.
    You guys are mostly talking coldwater here...rooikrans etc.. this was freakin water like close to 30deg C...and very shallow...not lying when i say it was 3-4m maximum.

I would've casted to them if there had've been more time but i was pretty awe-struck when we spotted them and they move so quickly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4