Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 35 Cumax at Arendsnes

Post 35 Cumax at Arendsnes

Hi Guys

Was at Arendsnes on Sunday for the afternoon.Water was a bit up but plenty of fish in the area.Caught quite a few yellows between 2 and 4 pound.Bloodworm really does the trick in higher dirty water.Might be at Eastco or Otters Hunt this Saturday.Anyone going to be there to maybe guide me on the good areas to fish?

Forced to work.Born to fish!
    Mohammed Sujee

Sunday afternoon at Arends. Did you manage to even find parking let alone some fishing space
    If you are going for half a day then rather go to Eastco or Woelwaters ( next to Arends.)
    If you are looking at full day Eendekuil & Ben Joh are options.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by moesujee1@gmail.com View Post
    Hi Guys

Was at Arendsnes on Sunday for the afternoon.Water was a bit up but plenty of fish in the area.Caught quite a few yellows between 2 and 4 pound.Bloodworm really does the trick in higher dirty water.Might be at Eastco or Otters Hunt this Saturday.Anyone going to be there to maybe guide me on the good areas to fish?

Forced to work.Born to fish!
    My greatness boet, what's with your forum name!?

Agree with Oom Herman ("oom" because I saw the other day how old he realy is, and in my culture "oom" is a sign of respect for older people).

If you want to see a river turn into a porqupine, go to arends. I heard Ben Joh is doing well now! My buddy "haaked" a few grotes there last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    My greatness boet, what's with your forum name!?

Agree with Oom Herman ("oom" because I saw the other day how old he realy is, and in my culture "oom" is a sign of respect for older people).

If you want to see a river turn into a porqupine, go to arends. I heard Ben Joh is doing well now! My buddy "haaked" a few grotes there last weekend!
    Hou op gatkryp by Herman Wat soek jy nou eintlik?

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Hou op gatkryp by Herman Wat soek jy nou eintlik?
    Nuwe hengel waters.......speel saam!!!

Nuwe hengel waters.......speel saam!!!
    Ja so gedink. Maar Hierrie Oom is ver uitgeslaap
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

what's a cumax?

Think it's flyfishing politicalspeak for cubic metres (or metric tons, same thing with fresh water) flow per second, maximum expected during the day. Unsure if you know the flow rate rough guide as to what's OK and what's a bit tough on the wading side? In essence 35-ish is about the strongest flow where you can comfortably fish wading with not too much trouble. Once it gets over about 40/45 you need to be even more careful than normal and suggest stick close to your own shore and fish in the slacker waters off main currents. Definitely of course wading stick required and better to fish with a mate in case you get into troubles. Mind you, on most waters there'll be lots of other ffishers keeping you company!

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Ja so gedink. Maar Hierrie Oom is ver uitgeslaap
    Ha....Oom het my! Waneer gaan Oom ons na 'n ander lekker spot neem? Mabe call it Vaal 6?
    It's nice to see and try new venues as most of the "publicly known" ones are so crowded up, it's impossible to fish!!!

I'm still planing a "Blaauwbank 1" but it's a bit difficult to find a lekker spot that would accomodate 10 people!

Ha....Oom het my! Waneer gaan Oom ons na 'n ander lekker spot neem? Mabe call it Vaal 6?
    It's nice to see and try new venues as most of the "publicly known" ones are so crowded up, it's impossible to fish!!!

I'm still planing a "Blaauwbank 1" but it's a bit difficult to find a lekker spot that would accomodate 10 people!
    It's easy don't invite ten people - just me and someone else and we go

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast