Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wingcase help

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Just to add something I forgot to mention.Does the actual colour of the flashabou make a difference?

I've only used a bluey pearl and pinkish pearl.Any other interesting colours u would or could reccommend?

G
    For those caddis the metallic flashabous reflected light better. Although most colours seemed to work fine. I tried green epoxy over red metallic flashabou and the colour was awesome, darker than nymph skin but much more tranlucent, definately more natural looking. Sorry I never took pics of those

Nympho, the ease of use of epoxy is directly proportional to the shade of the scotch in your glass But ja,I agree, no speed tying here I'm afraid.
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    I stopped licking Sally's leaves a foul taste in one's mouth.

But...Sally's is most definite, if I do go through the trouble my choice as well.
    Ja Pieter you crack me up, dude.
    Genkem also has a tremendously huge role in fly tying - I keep a 5 Litre open all the way through EVERY tying sessions.
    No PAIN No Gain

Quote Originally Posted by Nymph+O- View Post
    Ja Pieter you crack me up, dude.
    Genkem also has a tremendously huge role in fly tying - I keep a 5 Litre open all the way through EVERY tying sessions.
    Ja, Genkem rocks dude
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Good afternoon

Try using Knot sense or UV wader repair glue.

It is easy to apply, sets in seconds when exposed to sunlight and gives exactly the same effect as epoxy.

Cheers
    MC

Gerrie there's only one! Tac Pac from Lock Tight! This stuff is used to insulate intergrated circuits on airies. Sets crystal clear within seconds and it's harder and stronger than anything out there! Awsome stuff! I can get you some from Kallie, he work with it every day?
    Last edited by C J; 17-01-08 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Good afternoon

Try using Knot sense or UV wader repair glue.

It is easy to apply, sets in seconds when exposed to sunlight and gives exactly the same effect as epoxy.

Cheers
    MC
    Tried that MCC, it comes off to easy.

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Gerrie there's only one! Tac Pac from Lock Tight! This stuff is used to insulate intergrated circuits on airies. Sets crystal clear within seconds and it's harder and stronger than anything out there! Awsome stuff! I can get you some from Kallie, he work with it every day?
    CJ
    This stuff sounds interesting, is it available comercially? Have you tried to colour the stuff at all?
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Thanx to all for ur input,I'll try the uv knot.Mc have u got one of those uv light jobbies.I know Jacques has one.Where can U buy one.I do most of my tying at night so sunlight/Uv's won't be around then.

Colin,koop bietjie vir my toe,maak reg met jou next Saterdag.

G

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    CJ
    This stuff sounds interesting, is it available comercially? Have you tried to colour the stuff at all?
    I'll find out from my buddy were you can buy it. I think you can colour it, never tried.
    It comes with two components. A strong resin glue thats like Chuck Norris Super Glue and an accelarator (quick evaporating accetone).
    You can use it as a glue (to plak things vas) or as a coating. Simply apply it were you want and spray with the accelarator and taaaaaa-daaaaa!!! Accetone evaporates and leaves no smell!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2