Thread: Saltwater Fishing License ?

Default Saltwater Fishing License ?

Howdy fellows,

Seeing as I am more actively getting into the Salty stuff and will be fishing the EC for two weeks and hopefully in Kosi the month after, I was hoping to get some information from you guys as to what licensing I am obliged to acquire and where to get it.

TIA,
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

post office, and say "can i have a fishing license please?"
    the guy/gal behind the counter will most probably look at you as if you are daft.
    they will/should then give u a form to fill in, take money from you (u can get a monthly, or yearly license (get the yearly), and that's all there is to it.

I think it's 50 or 60 or 70 bucks or something, and the money most probably doesnt go anywhere near the fisheries dept, but it IS the right thing to do (like paying your telly license)

Yes, better to get the licence, here in KZN we have been asked on quite a few occassions to produce it. I have seen some guys laminate it & keep it in the car, I keep mine in a bank bag. There is about a R10 difference between the monthly & annual, agree with Spilogaster, get annual one. Lot's of Parksboard people in Kosi. At least you can fish without having to look over your shoulder all the time.

Cheers

Alan
    Born to fish, forced to work

Yup, its a must for kozi! You normally need licences for all sorts of things - pump, cast net, general bait, fishing from shore or from boat blah blah. As said you only need a straight fishing licence from the post office.
    Check your knots!