Thread: Midsummer trouting

Default Midsummer trouting

Went out despite the heat and low water. The day was a picture, if slightly windy:

Fish aplenty, easily spotted and easily spooked:

Wily trout still like bushy dries:

back you go spotty:
    Last edited by KevinE; 22-01-08 at 01:30 AM.

Too hot for fishing, a nap instead:

If you can't beat em, join em:

ha ha ha
    at least you got some fish Kev. My first year on the streams and enjoying it to the max. Been pretty hot here so fishing is as hard as you must have. Like the siesta shot and glad to see you also don't mind the dip, mine are probably more forced "tripping". Nice piece of water though and good pics.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi Kevin

Welcome back to the land of the long cloud. Yes we have had some great hot weather here over the festive season. Some excellent fishing has been done too. I have had loads of family out from SA all keen to nail a large NZ brown. They have all now left with large smiles on their faces.

The other day I went to Tauranga on business and could not resist stopping on the Ohinemuri on the way home. Considering I was wearing a suit I had to put on waders and the day was stinking hot, even though it was late afternoon. After an hours fishing it was too much as I soaked. So much for staying dry. It was a good pit stop though.

Garth and I have been venturing out into the Gulf on the boat targeting Kingies (Yellow tail) with some success on lure but not as yet on fly. We will chat to give you times so you can drive up and join us. Even if we don't get Kingies we always get a good few snapper on soft plastics which ensures a good feed.

Ta Mike, would love to get into some kingies.

You gotta love the look of that water!
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

bloody awesome.....