Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stiffening a Hackle/Zonker Collar

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Jasper's answered on the snipe. I was also talking about a totally separate bird as well, the Cape Glossy Starling - that's the one with the metallic-blue feathers, not the snipe! Hope all clearer than mud now!
    AND just to further muddy the waters ... Chris S is talking about the common starling ... a speckled brown thing .. very common down here, and generally considered vermin
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

Okay, thanks guys. I appreciate the info. But this has raised a new question for me. Why shoot such a beautiful bird? I see you call them "buggers", Jasper. I would think that a little bird with a long beak like that would be eating mosquitoes, not being a pest.

Now I know my knowledge of birds is poor, but obviously you guys have a lot of knowledge I can learn from.

Thanks,
    PTN

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    AND just to further muddy the waters ... Chris S is a speckled brown thing .. very common down here, and generally considered vermin
    The wonders of being to edit the media like in the old censorship days!!!!

Jasper and Chris S, you guys a bit slow off the mark this peeyem??

PTN, sorry for the delay in replying but I have been away. I looked at that fly in the archive and I reckon the Schlappen is way too long for it. I am not using it as i find it wraps ( fouls ) too much. I have a pack of red and one of black which you are most welcome to have, just give your address and i will send it to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3