Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MSK - Tying Sequence

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Minki se Klinki
    Nice fly,thanks for that.

Initially I thought a MSP variant.Ma se k.....

G

great fly Darryl. thanks. i would rise to minki se klinki from the deepest depths seriously though a lekka fly. ta
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

hehehe...great name Great looking fly
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Who's Minki by the way?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Who's Minki by the way?
    sh!t I thought it was the cricket captains ex.....she's luuuuverly
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi PTN,

Thanks, speak to your local supplier and see if you can get hold of some Keough Capes. They are very good value for money and you will be able to tie everything from a size 28 dry fly to a size 4 Woolly Bugger with them. If your local supplier can't get them, then contact Suburban Tackle on 021 7043458 as I think they still have some at R225. The best colour to start with is either grizzly or black.

The fly is essentially a modified Klinkhammer. Klinkhammers represent a wide range of insects (mayflys, midges, caddis) and with the rubber legs it could be anything so I would say a general attractor.
    Thanks, Darryl, I really appreciate that. I think I'll soon be tying some of these. I must commend you on the name as well. Very clever!

Regards,
    PTN

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

I found the Hanak hooks on the net if anyone is interested. I think it's a hefty price tag, though. You decide.

http://www.czechnymph.com/en/index.p...product_id=190

Regards,
    PTN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2