Thread: A New Book from Bill Hansford-Steel

Default A New Book from Bill Hansford-Steel

This book, written by one of South Africa's most experienced fly fishers and angling writers will be available shortly, published by Struik of Cape Town.

The subject is flies of the world and it should prove invaluable for all fly fishers, particularly those who dress their own flies.

Not only that, but there are a few contributions by moi.

Ja I heard,available September or something.

Great to hear! Looking forward to it!
    Thanks for the heads up Ron!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Hardcover edition out now, both Netbooks and Kalahari have it .... anyone seen it yet? Comments...?

Anyone know if there is going to be a softcover version? (cheaper )

Anyone have a direct contact for Bill? I would prefer to get the book from the author if possible, as I like to get the book signed.

TIA.
    Jan L. Korrûbel
    Nottingham Road Village

I'd like to have a look at it, before actually considering buying it. I have a sneaky suspicion the flies may be a little "yesterday"...but I may be wrong.
    There are so many books out on flies, that it will have to be something special to be able to compete against the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'd like to have a look at it, before actually considering buying it. I have a sneaky suspicion the flies may be a little "yesterday"...but I may be wrong.
    There are so many books out on flies, that it will have to be something special to be able to compete against the others.
    I'm also interested to see what it's like. I can't say his first book was particularly inspiring, for me, it tended to fall into the "Read once, now gathering dust on the bookshelf and haven't looked at it since" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    HI Mike,

Suspicion is a good thing, have the same view, but let's check it out. Maybe a new pattern or 2.(or3))

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.